made me gag

Posted by Reviewer1048355 on Feb 11, 2012

When I read the previous review I thought "it is probably not so bad, some people are just very sensitive"... But I received this product today and I could not agree more. Despite mixing it with sweet fruit juice (which disguises both my spirulina and msm perfectly), i could hardly drink it down without it triggering a gag reflex due to the overpowering smell and taste.. which is something like farm manure! I can usually take most tastes, but I honestly don't know how I am going to be able to use this product at all unless i purchase capsules and make my own. I have never taken chlorella before so i don't know if this is normal or if it is just this brand. If the latter is the case it scares me a bit to use it even in caps, as i can't help but seriously wonder about the freshness and quality!

poor quality control

Posted by 4831435290350259734 on Nov 09, 2013

I've noticed that the product in some containers is deep green, smells and tastes like chlorella. The product in other containers is brownish green and smells different and has an off taste. I don't know if this is normal and e-mailed NOW customer service to request an explanation. They ignored my message. I decided to switch to another of the brands sold by iHERB.

Never again

Posted by Reviewer2391458 on Jan 27, 2012

Smell and taste is the same they have at a pig-farm on a warm moist day...

Super greens!

Posted by charlottemsk on Feb 08, 2012

Don't yet know about the effects, but my stomach sure got something to work with on this one!

I like this

Posted by Reviewer2519559 on May 01, 2014

This is a very good product...it helps to clean out my candida. Will continue to use this for a long time.

heavy metals

Posted by 5401133764601892668 on Nov 04, 2014

This bred is excellent, but this product has been tested for heavy metals and found to contain heavy metals. Testing the radio mike adams from the web portal naturalnews.com

Good stuff

Posted by adechamplain on Jun 09, 2012

I love the Now foods Chlorella. Chlorella has to be broken cell wall to be absorbable. Chlorella is a powerful superfood, full of important vitamin and mineral and very high in protein. This powder dissolves well in water which is how I have it. I can be added to smoothies as well.

good

Posted by 4844652343840044177 on Jun 21, 2012

Feel the difference when i've forgotten to take it. With it, i have an overall feeling of well being, good digestion and better energy levels. The smell/taste is exactly as described by other reviewers: like drinking (diluted) manure, but i'm already having so many other supplements (immune issues) that i prefer to drink this instead of adding more capsules or pills. For my next order i'm taking the bigger bottle :-)

good

Posted by Reviewer3362590 on Sep 06, 2012

love it

Awesome product!

Posted by Freddieboi on Sep 14, 2012

Clean and fresh Chlorella powder that is also certified organic. Take a couple of teaspoons every day!

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »