• ** This product is kept refrigerated to preserve its freshness.

• Reviews | English

Flax oil: one of nature's wonders

Posted by Reviewer2786187 on Feb 03, 2012

Most of the products I order from iHerb I take on pure faith and much hope. Good results usually can be only measured over a period of time: months, years. I started taking flax oil twenty two years ago. In the previous ten years that I hadn't taken it, I averaged from eight to ten sich leave days a year at work. In the ten years after I started taking it daily (one tablespoon of flax oil mixed with a half cup of cottage cheese), I averaged three to zero days of sick leave a year. No other product has had a more dramatic positive effect on my health. My ashma and bronchitis, which I had had for twenty years, and was getting worse each year, disappeared within a year of going on flax oil and is now only a distant memory. I am 74 and take no drugs of any kind and walk over two miles a day, although I could walk much further.

Now Foods High Lignan Flax Seed Oil

Posted by Reviewer1668183 on Aug 18, 2009

Last time I made a mistake and bought the plain Now plain flax oil and i did not care for it. I always take flax oil straight. The high lignan tastes better than the one that's not. It' has a nutty taste to it. Thanks IHERB for selling some of my favorite products.

Great for salad dressing!

Posted by Reviewer2604313 on Mar 25, 2008

I mix it with a good apple cider vinager, throw in some mustard powder, dill and its great! A nice change from olive oil which I use a lot of as well.

High Lignan Flax Oil

Posted by Reviewer1583487 on Jan 12, 2009

I've used flax seed oil for quite a few years, as it provides omega 3 fatty acids which most people don't get enough of. My physician recommended it. The high lignans are said to be protective against breast cancer. I've been happy with this brand. It comes to me fresh (not rancid) and has a good amount of particulate in it. It is cold pressed and unrefined.

Flax seed oil

Posted by Reviewer2775731 on Feb 18, 2009

Remember to shake well before using.

Quality product

Posted by Reviewer2944029 on Dec 04, 2009

This is a great product which is easily added to foods to provide it's many benefits. The taste is neutral. One thing to remember is to aggressively stir the seeds from the bottom of the bottle when first opened, then with each use shake very well. I use it daily.

Now Foods Flax Seed Oil 12 fl oz

Posted by Reviewer2823328 on May 13, 2008

I am epileptic and found this to be a good source of the oils that I need to take for healthier brain function.

Great Flax Oil.

Posted by Reviewer1302102 on Nov 23, 2009

Fresh oil with a sweet nutty flavor.

Odd taste

Posted by Reviewer2400604 on Jun 06, 2008

Contains rosemary which does give it a taste. Good on salads. I hated the cap on the bottle. It does not tighten completely and I'm afraid of spills

Great Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2481071 on Mar 02, 2010

I have noticed an improbement in my hair and skin when I regularly take flax seed oil. I do take 2 Tbs. and after a month or so the results are very noticable.