• Customer Ratings

Good, but...

Posted by Reviewer1814513 on Apr 24, 2010

My husband and I love the flavor of this grain and have always been happy with NOW products. This time, however, we are sorry to report that in two out of three of the bags of quinoa we found tiny rock-like crystals that could be very damaging to teeth. I rinsed the product, as suggested, but was unable to find the crystals, as they are very small and translucent. Otherwise, this stuff is delicious and especially healthy when cooked with turmeric and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil prior to serving.

there were ROCKS in my quinoa!! :-(

Posted by IHeartIHerb on Jun 30, 2013

i love quinoa but will buy another brand next time. the grain itself tasted fine but there were tiny gritty rocks particles throughout. i made it as a semolina replacement for a gluten-free north african couscous dinner and what a disaster! soooo unpleasant that every third chew produced that icky painful grit feeling. like having sand in your food. luckily i didn't break any teeth or fillings! YUCK!!!

Great Health Food!

Posted by Reviewer1013645 on Mar 20, 2008

Quinoa is easy to make, many possibilities with spices/ veggie ingredients, and very tasty. Its kind of a cross between brown rice and couscous. Just be sure and get it off the heat before it overcooks. You'll love it!

Good Stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2481709 on Mar 21, 2008

This is my first time cooking & eating Quinoa. I read about it on the web somewhere and when I was shopping on iherb for something else, found it. Hooray, my options in Georgia were limited. I cooked a cup of it with a some diced onion & 1/2 clove of minced garlic. The instructions on the bag could be a little more specific as to proportion of Quinoa and amount of water to use. Other than that, terrific product. iherb delivers, again!

From Bulgaria

Posted by Reviewer2997923 on Jan 26, 2011

Wowww i like this food a lot.Very delicious and healthy food. :)

Above average quality

Posted by Reviewer2861363 on Mar 17, 2012

This quinoa from Now Foods was really good, one of the best ones I've tried! Quinoa doesn't differ too much from producer to producer, but this contained no stones, wasn't too dusty and tasted really good. I recommend this product!

These are a staple

Posted by Reviewer1852029 on Nov 23, 2008

I keep these in the rotation which includes amaranth, buckwheat groats, wild (purple) rice, millet, & barley. I give the seeds a rinse, pick out any debris, and then soak them for at least several hours before cooking them. I put bee pollen, maca powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and flax seeds on top. Also a dab of yogurt. I sweeten it all with xylitol or agave nectar. I am not too keen on the taste of stevia.

Now Foods, Quinoa, Certified Organic, 16 oz

Posted by Reviewer1243295 on Dec 14, 2008

I am allergic to gluten, so Quinoa is a great substitute in place of grains which have gluten.

great prices

Posted by Reviewer2424025 on Jan 01, 2008

The quinoa that was shipped was tremendous. The price for the bags of quinoa was something that really made me smile. My husband needed a gluten free hot breakfast and this was the perfect one. I will be ordering from you again. Thanks again. Kay

Better than rice

Posted by Reviewer3027286 on Jan 13, 2009

I like this grain, and Kaiser tells me that it is good for you. I add a teaspoon each of Curry powder and sugar for flavor.