• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) This is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Reviews | English

The taste...

Posted by Reviewer1117834 on Oct 13, 2010

Oh wow...this stuff is aweful. I tried to put it into everything I could to hide the taste. I know it is good for us, but I had to finally throw it away.

You better put it in capsules!!

Posted by Reviewer1051883 on Sep 29, 2010

The stuff is gross

Tasted like Horse Manure

Posted by Reviewer3154371 on Jan 05, 2009

I don't know about the rest of the reviewers here, but the product I received tasted like it was grown on horse manure. Totally repulsive. I was rather disappointed!

A big disappointment

Posted by Reviewer2761534 on Jul 11, 2011

I got a jar of this after finishing a jar of Now Foods non-organic spirulina powder. Oh no, oh dear. If you've lived in the country you may know that smell in the spring time when farmers spread cow manure on fields before the growth season. Well, that's what my jar of this product smells like. And as always, aroma is equal to flavor. In this case it's really musty. I'm now trying to come up with combinations of edible things that would cover that taste as well as ever possible when mixed together, pffffttt...

OMG!

Posted by Reviewer1929581 on May 23, 2012

Terrible, tastes like pig manure smells! Will never buy it again! Buy only Now Foods Hawaiian Spirulina!

organic spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1098421 on Jul 07, 2008

Absolutely hate the product. The natural spirulina is good, but this organic stuff is horrible

One Star For Taste!

Posted by Reviewer1991512 on Sep 26, 2010

I have been reading about the amazing benefits of spirulina and was keen to add it to my daily regimen. Most of the reviews on iherb have been overwhelmingly positive, so I took the plunge and ordered this product. Upon opening the bottle, I was first struck by the color - very much like powdered frog skin...yum! Then, after the initial whiff, I peeled myself off the floor to take stock of what I'd just purchased. I have horses, and this stuff really does smell like horse poo. But everyone said it was so good! So I added a tablespoon to my very powerful homemade juice. OMG - the horror was too great to describe! I had to hold my nose to finish it, but the aftertaste nearly made me lose the will to live. I shall try the capsules next, as I completely give up on this monstrosity of taste.

Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1650627 on Jun 12, 2012

Did not like the taste of this product...ended up throughing it in the trash.

nasty

Posted by Reviewer1150050 on Jun 23, 2012

this is the worst thing i have ever tried. it smells bad and tastes awful, i think i will have to throw away the box. i think i rather prefer pills

Cruel taste and flavour

Posted by Reviewer1730565 on Sep 23, 2012

This might be a good product, but the smell and taste is aweful! It is not possible to drink it even if I mix it with beautiful homemade juices and smoothies. It actually smells like vomit.. Pure Planet is the best one!

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »