• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) This is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Customer Ratings

Ahh. The aroma of excrement

Posted by Reviewer1268840 on Apr 01, 2016

Perhaps I got a unique stinky jar, because otherwise it is hard to imagine people rating this stuff highly. It was not so bad that I could not use it, mixed in a smoothie with a bunch of greens and fruit. but every time I dipped my spoon in to get some, it would hit me. I finally decided to throw the rest away and go back to the Hawaiian spirulina I have used before trying this.

Yaeyama much nicer

Posted by vitality on Jan 02, 2014

Yaeyama chlorella is SO much nicer (Jarrow brand is good). Didn't like this at all.

Now-Foods-Certified-Organic-Spirulina

Posted by 5654543578744493310 on Nov 23, 2013

I love the product it mixes easily in carrot juice and does not clump. Great price.

Tastes vial!

Posted by 4935837453539973405 on Apr 13, 2013

This product might be good for you, but it's the worst tasting spirulina I've tried so far. The taste is like the smell of horsepoo. I've tried mixing with applejuice, but still the awful taste is overwhelming. The product description says there might be differences in color and smell...so maybe I just got the "bad seed". But I won't buy this product again.

Cruel taste and flavour

Posted by Reviewer1730565 on Sep 23, 2012

This might be a good product, but the smell and taste is aweful! It is not possible to drink it even if I mix it with beautiful homemade juices and smoothies. It actually smells like vomit.. Pure Planet is the best one!

nasty

Posted by Reviewer1150050 on Jun 23, 2012

this is the worst thing i have ever tried. it smells bad and tastes awful, i think i will have to throw away the box. i think i rather prefer pills

Spirulina

Posted by Reviewer1650627 on Jun 12, 2012

Did not like the taste of this product...ended up throughing it in the trash.

OMG!

Posted by Reviewer1929581 on May 23, 2012

Terrible, tastes like pig manure smells! Will never buy it again! Buy only Now Foods Hawaiian Spirulina!

A big disappointment

Posted by Reviewer2761534 on Jul 11, 2011

I got a jar of this after finishing a jar of Now Foods non-organic spirulina powder. Oh no, oh dear. If you've lived in the country you may know that smell in the spring time when farmers spread cow manure on fields before the growth season. Well, that's what my jar of this product smells like. And as always, aroma is equal to flavor. In this case it's really musty. I'm now trying to come up with combinations of edible things that would cover that taste as well as ever possible when mixed together, pffffttt...

The taste...

Posted by Reviewer1117834 on Oct 13, 2010

Oh wow...this stuff is aweful. I tried to put it into everything I could to hide the taste. I know it is good for us, but I had to finally throw it away.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »