• Extra Product Information:
    The manufacturer of this product (Parry Nutraceutical) This is a PURE ORGANIC manufacturer! Our new organic Spirulina is Certified under the US Pharmacopoeia Ingredient Verification program, has a HACCP - Food Safety Standards Certification by BVQI, is certified Kosher and Halal by BVQI, and has ISO 9001 (quality certification) & ISO 14001 (certified compliance with environmental practices, the only spirulina production facility to have earned this certification) quality certifications by BVQI. IMO has independently certified this spirulina as Organic as per USDA/NOP-Final Regulations, and Naturland has certified the product as vegetarian (to the ‘vegan’ standard).

Parry has 20 years experience in growing algae products and also produces natural beta-carotene and astaxanthin. They evolved from a family-owned, indigenous business.

Source for the above information:NowFoods
  • Customer Ratings

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer1684744 on Apr 27, 2011

tastes good and very fresh. Not too much smell like some of the other brands.

Good stuff

Posted by Reviewer2164014 on Sep 15, 2010

Wonderful flavor

Americium Dream

Posted by Reviewer1933016 on Nov 11, 2010

mixed with whey and kelp

pretty, pretty good! (as larry david would say :¬)

Posted by Reviewer2699780 on Dec 20, 2010

the only other spirulina product that i can compare this with, is a protein bar made with spirulina that i used to eat. with the right combination of other ingredients, i really love the flavor that spirulina brings to the tastebud party. i hadn't had any of those bars (nor spirulina in any form) since around 1988. then, one day recently i just started craving those spirulina bars. i decided i would try my hand at making my own. so, i ordered a jar of this. when it arrived, i was too lazy to make bars. it's a whole lot easier to just plop a spoonful into a protein shake. this now foods brand tastes and smells pretty similar to what i remember from the bars i used to buy. the taste and smell reminds me of the nori wraps (made from seaweed) that i make homemade sushi with. "vegetably", "greeny", "earthy", "seaweedy", "vitaminy" are some adjectives that come to mind. not sure if it's just my imagination, but i could swear that it imparts a natural sweetness to my protein shakes. i find that when i have about 7-10 grams in a protein shake, i don't feel hungry at all until 2-3 hours later (as opposed to ordinarily still being pretty hungry immediately after a shake without the spirulina). for me personally, spirulina seems to curb my appetite remarkably better than anything else i can recall at the moment. this now foods brand works out to be a lot cheaper per gram - and better quality, in my opinion - than other brands; even cheaper (including shipping) than brands sold by suppliers located here in the u.k. but, here's the kicker: i had to pay an additional £12 customs ($18.65) for the privilege! on top of that, it took 3 weeks to finally get here! i'll look around some more on the web to see if i can find the same product sold by suppliers here in the u.k. but if i can't, i would probably still consider taking the hit on the customs duty and order from here again. it's worth it, in my opinion.

Now Foods, Spirulina Powder, Certified Organic, 1 lb. (454 g)

Posted by Reviewer2609603 on Jun 15, 2010

Great!^^

Feeling great so far!

Posted by Reviewer2035978 on Jun 20, 2010

I bought this as a food supplement as I heard great things about it and so far so good, people have commented on how well I look and how bright my skin is which is great. I actually got my vit and mineral levels checked about 2 weeks after I started taking this and everything was perfect which is a big plus. The taste at the start is not great, I will be honest - it does take getting used to, but I take it with cranberry juice...you need to mix it really well and drink it fast or it goes lumpy but you get used to the taste very quickly and then don't even notice it anymore. Would recommend it to anyone who wants to get vits and minerals from a food as opposed to a capsule or tablet supplement and one tablespoon a day of this is all you need. I take it before brekkie.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2882152 on Nov 29, 2009

I take it everyday very good product

I recommend

Posted by Reviewer1820050 on Dec 21, 2009

Works very well, especially together with chlorella.