No surprisingly effect

Posted by 5373667122282255668 on May 07, 2014

Can't see any effect,just wondering can chitosan really absorb fat?!

Not for everyone-didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer2437179 on Mar 09, 2014

I'm done using the whole bottle, been using for a month and a half and NOTHING. I didn't feel any different and I didn't see any changes in my weight. I ate right and exercised before this and continued to do so when I started using Chitosan. I bought it because I read the reviews and a lot of people said it was helpful but it wasn't for me unfortunately...23$ down the toilet...literally. Also the pills are HUGE and you need to take 3...I had to drink so much water and that's great and all (drinking water) but the amount of water I need made me sick...didn't do anything for my appetite, just made me want to puke, the pills sometimes would not go down and I would need to take a minute breaks in between each pill... Kind of a sucky experience, honestly.

Seems to work

Posted by 5096802802534606242 on Jul 07, 2012

I purchased for an upcoming vacation and didn't want to ruin my diet efforts for the past 5 months by making a few bad choices while enjoying my vacation, so in my opinion they seemed to work pretty well. I actually made more than a few bad choices, but between this and another supplement, I still maintained & met my weight loss goal by the 6 month mark!!

Chitosan

Posted by Reviewer2861607 on Dec 05, 2011

After I got it my dr. said not to use it now with the other things i'm taking. Will take it later.

good for eating up fatty foods

Posted by Reviewer1310601 on Oct 24, 2011

Take 3 of these before a high fat meal. Been doing this for years. For some reason there were some empty capsules in my container. Only about 5 at the most.

Wish there was no chromium in ingredients

Posted by Reviewer1122052 on Jul 19, 2011

I love the price and quantity of this chitosan product BUT UNFORTUNATELY I'm not crazy about the added chromium, which I find unnecessary. I wish you would sell pure chitosan pills by itself. Chromium supplementation is a controversial topic as true chromium deficiency is extremely rare. The widely claimed benefits of chromium supplementation are largely unsupported by the scientific community. Studies have shown high levels of chromium leading to DNA damage. Also, a high dose of chromium, 600-2400 mcg per day, may cause anemia, thrombocytopenia, hemolysis, hepatic dysfunction, and renal failure. Just 2 doses of NOW Foods Chitosan already supply way too high a dose of 600 mcg. For some reason, cheaper dietary supplements, especially those used for blood glucose regulation or weight management usually contain chromium as an ingredient, and usually at an amount much higher than the suggested daily recommended intake, despite the lack of positive scientific studies to support chromium supplementation. I also take other nutritional supplements and at least 2 of them already contain some chromium, which is more than enough for my needs. By adding Now Foods Chitosan, I am unwillingly further upping my chromium intake by a few more hundred percent of the RDI, which will likely end up toxic to my system in the long run. So unfortunately, even though I love almost everything else about the NOW chitosan, just the unnecessarily added chromium alone means I have to look for other alternative brands that sell simply pure chitosan. It's such a pity.

chitosan is good for diet

Posted by Reviewer2242015 on Feb 13, 2011

but we have difficult to eat . Chitosan is not widely-used in food, thus we should it this

Now Foods, Chitosan, 500 mg

Posted by Reviewer3242588 on Aug 03, 2009

Easy to swallow capsules.

helen

Posted by Reviewer1612558 on Dec 13, 2008

seems to be working, noticing healthy bowel movements