10% Off Orders Over $40!

Now Foods, Cinnamon Bark, 600 mg, 120 Capsules

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

RETRACTED, SINCE CHANGED CINNAMON TYPE Helping glucose a lotl! Plus, Full-spectrum without coumarin concerns.

Posted by Reviewer2961002 on Aug 13, 2012

UPDATE: Now that NOW has unfortunately switched to Cassia Cinnamon like "everyone else," my original review that follows and my 5-star rating no longer apply... Even though this variety is “true” Cinnamon, rather than the Cassia (aka Chinese and Aromaticum) used in many of the studies and products (and more likely to show up on your spice rack), it seems to be working a lot better better at lowering my glucose. I read an interview with one of the original USDA researchers, and he said that “they all work” with regard to the various Cinnamon species. Caveats: (1) It’s still early and I recently started another supplement, so I can’t be 100% sure the effect is all due to this product or will last (though early indications are VERY “thumbs up”); and (2) Based on Now’s label recommendation I’m taking a higher dose than I had been of the Cassia. Regardless, taking whole-herb Cassia made me a bit uncomfortable because that variety has a relatively high level of coumarin (NOT “coumadin”), which is quite toxic in lab rodents and *may* also be toxic to susceptible humans in large or sustained doses. Cassia extracts (water-based only) are virtually coumarin-free since it’s not water-soluble, but unfortunately water-extracting also removes the potentially beneficial cinnamaldehyde oils (e.g.cardiovascular, anticancer, mildly sedative). But Cinnamomum Verum, used in the Now product, is naturally low in coumarin, so this whole-herb product provides a way to get full-spectrum benefits including cinnamaldehydes while keeping the coumarin low. I just wish they’d offer a double-sized capsule for us men who don’t have a purse for carrying around tons of capsules and pills when eating out...there some are several other things I need to take before meals besides just this! Because of this, my real rating is 4.5 stars.

using it for blood sugar

Posted by Reviewer2481673 on Nov 30, 2011

I think it is working

Cinnamon Bark

Posted by Reviewer2771609 on Feb 09, 2012

I heard this was good for blood pressure so I am giving it a whirl. I do not have really high blood pressure, in fact I take water pills prescribed by my doctor to keep it regulated. But, I would rather try natural products. Too soon to say if they work or not as I have only been on them for about a week.

Easy to take

Posted by Reviewer1723692 on Feb 05, 2009

I have not been using this product for long, but I believe it is useful for those who want to control blood pressure without medication

Lower your sugar levals

Posted by Reviewer2001152 on Feb 05, 2009

I only gave this 3 stars as I've only been taking this for about a month and have seen some change in my blood sugar, but have not been test to see how it does for my A1C. I will rate this again at a later date.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »