Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Clearance

Now Foods, Cinnamon Bark, 600 mg, 120 Capsules

taking it for belly fat

3 peope found the following review helpful

Posted by Reviewer1622022 on May 25, 2009

I am very happy with this.I feel that it is curbing my appitite also.Just my experience.

Great for inflammation.

Posted by Reviewer2862251 on Apr 20, 2009

Also helps with hunger pains/carb cravings.

Now Foods, Cinnamon Bark

Posted by Reviewer1827656 on Nov 20, 2008

It is excellent form of cinnamon and does work to help control the sugar in my blood

RETRACTED, SINCE CHANGED CINNAMON TYPE Helping glucose a lotl! Plus, Full-spectrum without coumarin concerns.

Posted by Reviewer2961002 on Aug 13, 2012

UPDATE: Now that NOW has unfortunately switched to Cassia Cinnamon like "everyone else," my original review that follows and my 5-star rating no longer apply... Even though this variety is “true” Cinnamon, rather than the Cassia (aka Chinese and Aromaticum) used in many of the studies and products (and more likely to show up on your spice rack), it seems to be working a lot better better at lowering my glucose. I read an interview with one of the original USDA researchers, and he said that “they all work” with regard to the various Cinnamon species. Caveats: (1) It’s still early and I recently started another supplement, so I can’t be 100% sure the effect is all due to this product or will last (though early indications are VERY “thumbs up”); and (2) Based on Now’s label recommendation I’m taking a higher dose than I had been of the Cassia. Regardless, taking whole-herb Cassia made me a bit uncomfortable because that variety has a relatively high level of coumarin (NOT “coumadin”), which is quite toxic in lab rodents and *may* also be toxic to susceptible humans in large or sustained doses. Cassia extracts (water-based only) are virtually coumarin-free since it’s not water-soluble, but unfortunately water-extracting also removes the potentially beneficial cinnamaldehyde oils (e.g.cardiovascular, anticancer, mildly sedative). But Cinnamomum Verum, used in the Now product, is naturally low in coumarin, so this whole-herb product provides a way to get full-spectrum benefits including cinnamaldehydes while keeping the coumarin low. I just wish they’d offer a double-sized capsule for us men who don’t have a purse for carrying around tons of capsules and pills when eating out...there some are several other things I need to take before meals besides just this! Because of this, my real rating is 4.5 stars.

Good for blood pressure

Posted by Reviewer2814550 on Mar 02, 2010

My husband was able to get off of his blood pressure that he has been on for over a decade with the help of this supplement and a chiropractic/energy healer.