July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, D-Mannose Powder, 3 oz (85 g)

Reviews 1-star

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »

Possible reaction

Posted by Reviewer3194434 on May 20, 2009

I may have had a reaction to D-Mannose. I was taking the amount recommended for a bladder infection -- 1 tsp every 2-3 hours. Soon after the third dose, I felt flushed and nauseated, and my heart rate increased. I wasn't taking any other medication at the time. Fortunately, the reaction lasted for only about 15-20 minutes (I would have sought medical help if it had persisted.) Since nothing else could account for the reaction, I cannot recommend this product.

Didn't do much

Posted by Reviewer1938847 on May 28, 2009

I got the worst U.T.I. I've had in years while taking this. I never missed a dose. I had it in my system for a couple months, too. I know it didn't cause it but it obviously didn't stop it either.

Does absolutely nothing for me

Posted by Reviewer3160195 on Feb 04, 2013

I have read all the glowing reviews for D-mannose on this website and other websites and have used it several times in the past as a preventative, can't really say if that worked or not. I had some minor symptoms a few days ago so I started intensive treatment , one teaspoon every 3 hours. Within two days I had a raging infection and had to go to the doctor for antibiotics. The doctor has told me that once the infection takes hold, nothing but antibiotics will work. That has been my experience. So I seem to be the unlucky one who has no results from this powder.

do urine culture test first

Posted by Reviewer1704942 on Dec 24, 2011

I've bought this product and Now Foods, Cranberry, Max Strength for my Mom, who had to get up once or twice every night to go to the bathroom. No improvement, so far. Maybe this is true that it works only in case of e. coli infection and she just has got another bacteria. It is better to have the urine culture test that detects and identifies bacteria and east, before buying this product.

Uncertain

Posted by Reviewer2601900 on Feb 27, 2012

Forgot to take this. Sorry. Will update.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »