Ingredients and Lupus

Posted by 5729303717429719776 on Feb 20, 2013

I wish there was full disclosure on the bottle. Because of my food sensitivities, I needed to know what the food source was before taking this product. The NowFoods site says "NOW’s pure Mannose is derived from corn, white and sweet potatoes, beech or birch woods". I'm currently using D-Mannose from HealthLine Nutrition, which is derived from cranberry. I wish iHerb carried it! Ambrotose has been a huge help to me in regaining functionality with Lupus. At the quantities I need, it is very expensive and I've been researching other options and which essential sugars I need most. I've read that many with Lupus are most helped by mannose. I've been taking it for a couple of weeks and been able to decrease my dependence on Ambrotose, at great savings. D-Mannose helps me with the energy and endurance I need to get through each day. Shawna

Not impressed

Posted by Reviewer2459429 on Oct 19, 2008

Perhaps had wrong sort of bug - needed antibiotics in the end. Keeping open mind.

Did not work for me

Posted by Reviewer1725305 on Oct 06, 2016

This is the first time I tried Now products. It came with lots of good recommendations. I am sure it has helped a lot of people. I did try the powder and the caps. I did try these for a few days but it made me feel like my sugar was dropping or fainting. I am now using one with out the D-Mannose in it. I am now using Cranberry Fruit Standardized by Nature's Way now with no side effects. I Herbs is my favorite place to check out vitamins and order them from. They are also quick to deliver and carry most everything I need.

D-Mannose Powder

Posted by Reviewer2767617 on Feb 11, 2010

I Have tried this twice but still did not help me

Hopeful for UTI prevention

Posted by Reviewer1743429 on Dec 12, 2007

I will need to wait in order to give this product a complete review. I've been using this product for the last couple of weeks on my dog who is prone to urinary tract infections(UTI) that lead to bladder stones. My vet is also prone to UTIs and stated that it works for her so we're giving it a try. My dog seems to love eating the powder. I will keep you posted after next months testing.