Works wonders for arthritic pains

Posted by Reviewer2679904 on Jun 20, 2008

My husband had a very bad case of inflammatory arthritis in his lower back. The pains were so bad that he was hardly able to sleep for over two weeks. Even while taking Motrin, Cortisone and narcotic painkillers, he couldn't get comfortable. He started taking 2 capsules of Now Foods Devil's Claw and one capsule of Life Enhancement Boswell Relief three times a day. He also took one tablet Now Foods Bromelain twice daily between meals. After only two days he began feeling better and in a little over a week he was pain free. He stopped taking everything after four weeks and the pains have not returned. We are keeping the supplements at hand, though, just in case.

Devil's Claw

Posted by Reviewer1697114 on Nov 09, 2009

My wife suffers from chronic pain and cannot be prescribed anti-inflammatory medication. Taking Devil's Claw allows her to be relatively pain free and increases both her mobility and quality of life.

A good start!

Posted by Reviewer1094203 on Nov 21, 2006

Before I started using this product I use to wake up in the middle of the night with severe back pain and stiffness in the back. After using Now foods Devil Claw for over 3 months, I rarely wake up in the middle of the night from any back pain discomfort. This item has really helped me out. 2 thumbs way up for this herbal supplement!

NSAID Alternative

Posted by Reviewer2276075 on Mar 13, 2009

Recommended by Mayo as effective in relieving symptoms of arthritis without the side effects of NSAIDs. I now no longer use NSAIDs for that purpose.

The Wonder for Back Problems

Posted by Reviewer1834094 on Jan 22, 2008

My husband had a ruptured disk and had surgery. His back was still a little tense and in pain after the surgery. But with devils claw (a natural anti-inflammatory) his bad is back to normal with just 2 pills a day.

devil's claw works

Posted by Reviewer3355831 on Mar 06, 2010

I've been using this for two months now and it really helps with pain and inflammation associated with advanced HIV disease, when combined with White Willow. For me they work synergistically, I take half the recommended dose of each, both Now products. For me this is better than NSAIDS and easier on my stomach.

Glad I found Devil's Claw

Posted by Reviewer1619954 on Jan 28, 2008

I've hurt my back a few times. Recently about 6 months ago i fell down concrete stairs. With the weather getting colder my back started to really hurt. I felt like i needed to take advil daily, but i didn't want to. So i did a search & found devil's claw. Thought i'd give it a shot. I'm only taking 1 a day & after 2 wks i've noticed a difference. I'm so glad i found a healthier & affordable alternative to pain medicine. I suggest to take 1 a day and if you feel like it isn't enough then try taking 2.

Works better than I expected

Posted by Reviewer2319370 on Jan 17, 2008

I have very painful arthritis throughout shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, and feet. Very hard to find pain relief, even with conventional NSAIDS. This seems to work quite well, my hips will be much better, as everything else when I take it, 2 @ each meal. I have suffered from chronic ulcers, so when I first took it, it seemed to cause a flare-up of ulcers, which led me to discontinue it, but now I am suffering no such side-effect, maybe because I usually take it with meals, maybe also because I frequently add a teaspoon of raw boswellia powder I buy in bulk (which also helps), and which has anti-ulcerogenic properties. I've tried several brands, one which listed 25 mg. harpagoside (the active principle) in each cap, but that truly did not act as well. I have read that the active principle in devil's claw breaks down in stomach acid, and so little gets to the blood, but still, even though this is not enteric-coated, it is working! Now products are uniformly really good, and the price is sure right, especially at Iherb.

Now Foods, Devil's Claw, 100 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer2591688 on Nov 13, 2008

I suffer from Gout. Not just in my toes but in my whole body. Devil's Claw help me so that I don't have to take as much of the heavy anti-inflamation drugs as I used to. It's a big help.

Devil's Claw

Posted by Reviewer2477681 on Nov 20, 2007

Great price. This is the only arthritis Medicine my wife can take. Without it her mobility and other movements would be very limited.