Now Foods, Digest Ultimate, 120 Veggie Caps

Reviews 5-star

Great for pancreatic insufficiency and avoidance of proton pump inhibitor therapy

Posted by Reviewer3022038 From Great Britain on Aug 24, 2010

I have pancreatic insufficiency with an extremely low faecal elastase. The clinical picture (ie stools!) indicated the enteric coating of my porcine enzymes was not breaking down sufficiently and so the next stage was proton pump inhibitor therapy. I decided against this and found platinum digest - the highest potency pH stable enzyme product i could find. I substituted one of my creon tablets for 2 of the platinum (so 2x platinum and 1 x creon) Its been a real help in combating my GI troubles, i suspect my pancreatic insufficiency is secondary to a functional deficit in gut hormome signalling, which is improving. If this is not the case in others the cost may mount up over time - nevertheless worth and empirical try and a potential addition to the armoury! medical student

EXCELLENT

Posted by Reviewer1205845 From Delaware on Apr 26, 2011

I am no longer constipated since taking this. I seem to have an inflammatory bowel disease and possibly celiac. These enzymes work wonders for me, I no longer see undigested food in my stool and they are no longer large and bulky. These enzymes are not destroyed by stomach acid and are superior to regular 'plant' enzymes as they are made from fungi. And no, they will not harm u or encourage candida or yeast growth. They are also recommended in the book "The Natural Physician's Healing Therapies" by Mark Stengler, N.D.

Fantastick!

Posted by Reviewer2609561 From Canada on Feb 19, 2010

Really amazing digestive enzyme formulation. Compare the ingredients to the more expensive Enzymedica's Digest Gold and you'll be blow away by the value that NOW brand offers. This product eliminates bloating and indigestion, really a fantastic product. I feel much more confident that I am getting all the nutrients from the food I eat due to taking these enzymes. Excellent for eliminating the stress on digestive system, try it!

unbelievable value

Posted by Reviewer2815513 From Japan on Oct 07, 2010

If you are looking for good digestive enzymes,don't look farther.this is the ultimate one.My persistent IBS is gone.

Good all-around enzyme

Posted by Reviewer2485398 From Iowa on Nov 17, 2010

I ordered this to replace Enzymedica Digest Gold because they are similar products, but Now Foods DIgest Platinum costs far less. It works just as well in every way. We still use an additional Beano tablet for extra support with beans and vegetables -- but this is an excellent formula.