Great product and good value!

Posted by currency on Sep 19, 2015

I trust Now Foods when it comes to essential oils - affordable and pure. I have a lot of them including this one. I use it mainly as an additional or active ingredient for my do-it-yourself products such as moisturizers, shampoos, facial wash, lotions, etc. I apply it diluted (in low percentage) with other carrier oils since applying it undiluted may cause irritation specially on my sensitive skin. I also make sure that the essential oil i'm using has at least some published scientific researches (either in vitro or in vivo) that backs its claims of effectivity. Overall, very happy with this product!

Oil of choice

Posted by 5557824367407688810 on May 18, 2016

This is a typical wood smelling Oil, especially coming from European origin but can be found in U.S as well in some parts. I have been buying this oil since many years and I always end up buying twice the bottles of this Oil as compared to other oils, just because of quantitative usage every day. I have used it to apply on head, where my hair were few and after a while (6-8 months), people around me noticed that bald area not able to distinguish anymore. Its the smell, which is why I say in title - Oil of choice, as may be not everyone will be able to appreciate but those who have used it and know the benefits. I use it to apply under the feet, mixed with pure coconut oil with ratio 10:2 (10 parts coconut oil with 2 parts Cedarwood) and apply it all over every day as personal care. I even use it on real wood furniture (a few drops) as a last coat of polish and it smells great around the house. Use it in a diffuser if you love the smell to fill up the rooms and keep away the unhealthy bacteria or just refresh the room door. I also like the 30ml bottle as it is very handy to use and carry while travelling. Great product from Now and great job.

Extremely strong!

Posted by Reviewer2697447 on Jun 04, 2009

I use it as a decongestant. It is a little too relaxing so use it sparingly. Only 2 drops on back of toes.

Essential oils

Posted by LoveBug67 on Feb 06, 2012

We make our own perfumes with oil base and my son just loves the smell of this one.

good

Posted by Reviewer1155295 on May 30, 2012

seems to be what is says, good stuff i use it to scare ants away. and sometimes people i dont like :P

Earthy and calming

Posted by 5131957287609258031 on Aug 30, 2013

I've bought cedarwood from at least four different companies in the last 15 years and no two have ever smelled the same, so I'm not even going to bring any expectations of fragrance to this review. What I can say is that this EO has a really earthy, reasonably strong and very relaxing smell that is a pleasure to have around. Very impressed.

Great essential oil.

Posted by HyperTEXTuality on Mar 10, 2015

Like all other Now Foods essential oil, this oil doesn't disappoint. I use this oil in my magic hair mask (check out my profile for a link to my website if you would like to see the ingredients of the hair mask). I also use it in a DIY flea repellent.

cwood oil

Posted by 5353349799325396655 on Nov 19, 2014

Bought this to add to mixture for my dogs flea and tick shampoo, spray and on collar's. It helps to repel them when mixed with other oils purchased here. Use it also to mix with cinnamon leaf oil and put in container with water or carrier oil for air freshener during the holiday season by putting on warmer plates. Put into my hair/body wash too.

stink by its own

Posted by Reviewer1848521 on Apr 05, 2012

It smell like mould by itself. However it seem to be serving its purpose I bought it for, to ward off roaches by putting few drops on cotton pads and hang it inwards in my kitchen cupboards and drawers. Seem to work on lizards too, I don't see new droppings after using. I added few drops of tea tree oil I have and the combi smell much better. I've ordered Champor oil and it should be on the way to me. Let's see which smell is better, and I would repurchase that.

Neville Brand from Spain

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Mar 07, 2011

Put 12 or so drops on a wood chip and toss the chip in the back of a drawer to say goodbye to the presence of insects in your furniture and closets. Pleased with the quality and the price.