Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Essential Oils, Oregano, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

Reviews 5-star

I LOVE THIS OREGANO OIL!

Posted by Reviewer3168479 on Oct 27, 2013

I was researching holistic remedies for colds, viruses, bacterial infections, oral health, intestinal parasites and candida. When I purchased oil of oregano, I began using 1-3 drops in empty vegetable capsules (purchased at Whole Foods)mixed with a few drops of grapeseed oil (you can use other carrier oils). It's been about two weeks and my stomach doesn't feel so bloated and uncomfortable. I also try to stay away from wheat and gluten, but that alone didn't help my stomach. I've also started taking Bluebonnet chelated magnesium capsules, as well as Thorne vit. D/K2 blend. My daughter recently got a bad cold and cough, so I blended one drop of oil of oregano with a few drops of marula oil, then rubbed on the soles of her feet at night to help with the deep coughing. I also rubbed it on her chest, then gave her one of my homemade capsules during the day to kill the virus internally. There are so many uses for oregano oil and I put one drop in a small cup of my mouthwash (Now Foods Xyliwhite Cinnafresh)to help with the yucky white tongue and fuzziness. I think it's also helping with deep tonsil stones that can cause bad breath. Yes, the oil of oregano is very potent and it burns my mouth, but I keep rinsing with water and it goes away shortly. Try not to get it on your lips because my lips felt burned and kept peeling for days. My teenage son has been battling acne on his forehead this past year and he was soooo frustrated! We dilute 1-2 drops of oil of oregano with several drops of water, then he uses a Q-tip and dabs it on his acne. The acne seems to be healing. Further, my son had excess sebum on his scalp and his hair always looked oily (even after daily washes and quality shampoo) so we put a few drops of oil of oregano in a trial size bottle of shampoo. After the first use, he no longer has oily hair or scaly scalp! I was so excited for him! I highly recommend looking up all the wonderful uses for oil of oregano! I'm so glad I found this!

The Natural Antimicrobial

Posted by Reviewer1745415 on Sep 18, 2006

Doing research on the web, I was impressed by the activity of oregano oil against a number of pathogens. There are a fair number of in vivo studies which lend strong support to oregano being a powerful germicidal agent. The NOW Foods oregano oil is as high quality as any oregano oil you can find anywhere. NOW indicated to me that their undiluted oil (this product) is indentical to the oil that goes into their other oregano oil product, which is diluted with olive oil. That makes this one an excellent value. Use caution, as the oil is undiluted and VERY potent.

Strong Stuff

Posted by Reviewer2390028 on Nov 23, 2007

This is the straight stuff and so reasonably priced. Couldn't get more powerful. Dilute with olive oil if you use on a large area of skin to get rid of fungus. It really worked and quick.

Best oregano oil and so strong!!

Posted by tinatherese on Apr 23, 2013

It is 100% which is rare to find, and to THIS price, it's great!! I use it on burns that have blemishes (works excellent on 2nd degree burns) but don't try it on open wounds and remember to dilute it in olive oil before use. I use it around my kids ears (NOT inside) when they have ear aches and I put a drop in water to gurgle when I have sore throats. Also you can smell it when u have a head ache it helps:)

a miracle

Posted by Reviewer1002480 on Oct 20, 2007

Wowww ... this oregano oil is just the best, it works miraculously! I had discomfort and dryness in my throat, then I took a couple drops of this oil in a tablespoon of water and drank it. This oil healed and soothed my throat almost instantly, and feel great up to now. Another time I felt my body so aching, then I took this oil in the same way - it set me free and felt great just in seconds. This oil is fantastic!!! Thanks to Now Foods and iHerb for carrying this oil.