Now Foods, Essential Oils, Rosemary, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

Excellent pure rosemary oil.

Posted by Caerulea on May 15, 2014

Rosemary oil is truly an amazing product known for its superb antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antiviral, antifungal, analgesic, antispasmodic, tonic, cicatrizant, soothing, healing, pacifying, nervine, and antidepressant properties. Rich in aromatic esters, it's an effective remedy for different types of infections, bacteria, viruses, fungi, acne, rashes, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, scabies, shingles, hives, sciatica, ringworm, chicken pox, dandruff, seborrhea, scalp infections, cavities, caries, plaque and tartar build up, gum disease, gingivitis, parodontitis, aching muscles, earache, fatigue, fevers, dizzy spells, palpitations, headache, insomnia, cramps, nasal congestion, sore throat, respiratory conditions, bronchitis, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, colds, flu, emphysema, asthma, rheumatism, arthritis, stress, anxiety, depression, and sunburn. It's effective in treating many different skin and scalp conditions: it detoxifies the skin and scalp, exfoliates dead skin cells, draws out excess dirt, oil, and product buildup, removes impurities and debris from under the skin without stripping the skin's or scalp's protective layer, unclogs and tightens pores decreasing their size, regulates sebum production, tones, firms, invigorates, and revitalizes the skin helping restore its elasticity, calms itching, reduces redness and inflammation, improves the complexion, evens out the skin tone, supports and strengthens the skin's defensive mechanisms, facilitates the healing of sore gums, small wounds, sores, cuts, abrasions, bruises, insect bites, stings, abscesses, boils, blisters, burns, carbuncles, canker sores, improves cellular circulation, stimulates cell renewal and collagen production, fights and prevents acne, spots, blemishes, and infections, nourishes the scalp and protects it at the cellular level, removes dandruff, strengthens the root bulbs and follicle connection, slows down hair loss, pro motes keratin production and hair growth. A few drops of rosemary oil added to a vaporizer relieve the symptoms of nasal congestion, bronchitis, emphysema, asthma, tonsillitis, laryngitis, sinusitis, boost and strengthen the immune system, lift up your spirits, clarify the mind, improve brain function. A rosemary bath is an excellent stress reliever, relaxant, and antidepressant capable of decreasing the level of cortisol, one of the main stress hormones, a rosemary mouth wash soothes sore gums and alleviates pain, a rosemary compress is great for sore muscles, sprains, and injuries, stimulates blood circulation, relieves pain, and aids in coagulation of wounds for faster healing. Rosemary oil is also a great all-natural sunburn remedy, insect repellent and mildew and mold remover. Moreover, it can also be used internally to treat various gastrointestinal conditions, such as indigestion, flatulence, stomach cramps, constipation, bloating, liver disease, kidney stones, cataracts, as well as other disorders. It flushes toxins out of the body, aids digestion, increases appetite, regulates the creation and release of bile, which is a key part of the digestive process, stimulates blood flow and improves circulation, aids the absorption of nutrients from food. I've been diluting it with different base oils (olive, jojoba, grapeseed, almond, avocado or apricot kernel oil) and using it on my skin and scalp, and I've noticed that the condition of my skin and scalp has improved: my complexion has improved, my skin tone has evened out, some pigmentation spots have faded, there's no redness or irritation, my acne has cleared up, my scalp is healthier and no longer dry, itchy, and flaky. Glad I discovered this amazing rosemary oil. Would definitely recommend it.

Great for hair rinsing

Posted by Reviewer18018967 on Jun 27, 2012

The same with all my other essential oils reviewes, I use the rosemary oil in my white vinegar (or ACV) hair rinse (4/5 filtered water, 1/5 white venegar or ACV, and a few drops of essentil oils as a last rinse, after shmapooing). I use it instead of using conditioner, on its own or along with other essential oils such as tea tree oil. The hair gets super smooth and moisturized with the vinegar (its all about the acidic PH of the vinegar which counters the harshness of shamppo and water, nothing else) and the essential oils treat other conditions of the scalp, like dandruff, hair loss, bad oxigenation of the follicles, itchiness etc. Also it doesnt hurt that it smells fresh and hides the vinegar scent (which by the way will only last while the hair is wet). Try it out for yourself, the vinegar rinse plus essential oil combination is not only responsable for greatly reducing my hair products bill, but for giving me the softest and fluffiest hair I have ever had, hands down. I use that ritual for 1 year already and it keeps impressing me more and more. A lot of my friends have adopted it as well!

Keeping things in order with rosemary

Posted by Reviewer1262696 on Jan 12, 2012

My cleaning solution always has rosemary in it not just for a nice smell but for attacking bad bacteria in various areas of the house. I combine it with tea tree oil and a good dose of water in a spray jar and use it on the toilet, the kitchen and bathroom sinks, and where ever there is an area to be cleaned and disinfected. It is also great mixed with almond oil for keeping the feet free of athlete's foot.

Effective for Hair Lice

Posted by RubiesHealth on Jun 14, 2012

I bought this for my little niece who had head lice and lice eggs laid along the strands of her hair. We diluted 5 drops of Rosemary oil in 20 drops of jojoba oil, and massaged generously onto her dry hair and scalp an hour before washing. After washing, we massaged a thin layer to stay on. With this, we only had to trim her long hair without giving her a boy-cut.

Seems to be working

Posted by Reviewer3344895 on Aug 05, 2008

I bought this product to add to my avocado oil and jojoba oil to use as a scalp and hair tonic when I noticed that my hair had started to fall out in clumps. My *new* routine includes washing my hair, using a diluted Braggs apple cider vinegar rinse, then conditioning, then massaging the rosemary oil mixture to hair and scalp. This has stopped my hair from falling out in big clumps, so I have hope that in time it will re-grow as well.