Had To Stop Because It Contains Iodine

Posted by Reviewer1706224 on Jul 05, 2016

While I am usually impressed with NOW products, I gave this particular product only a 1-star review. I suffer from Hashimoto's Thyroiditus, which is a disorder where your immune system attacks its own thyroid gland. Unfortunately, there are millions of people who suffer from this same condition. While some people with this disorder are able to ingest iodine, MANY ARE NOT. To take iodine with Hashimotos is like tossing a lit match into a pool of gasoline. As soon as I take iodine, my body goes into attack mode, and my thyroid gland gets attacked. For days it will feel like someone is strangling me. I used to take iodine years ago, but when I discovered that it was actually making my Hashimotos worse, I had to stop the supplementation. When I first saw that iodine was listed among the ingredients in this product, I was concerned about how my body would react. I was hoping that because it was such a small amount that maybe, just maybe, my body wouldn't have an adverse reaction. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I've only been taking this product for a week, and all week long I've had a strangling sensation about my neck. It's the iodine in this product. Also, people who suffer from low ferritin serum levels also have to be careful about iodine because iodine lowers those levels. When I take iodine, my ferritin levels begin to plummet. So, because of the iodine content in this product, I have had to stop supplementing with it, as it is causing serious problems in other areas of my body. There are vitamins that are made without iron; why can't there be mineral supplements that are made without iodine for the sake of the many millions of people who simply cannot ingest iodine? If people want to supplement with iodine, they can simply take a separate supplement.

hard on stomach

Posted by 5103841361714513870 on Mar 29, 2013

hard on stomach for me ! too bitter taste if you open caps