Now Foods, GABA, 750 mg, 100 Vcaps

Reviews 3-star

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »

An in-depth review on my experience with taking GABA

Posted by Reviewer1010174 on Jun 25, 2010

I decided to try this product after reading reviews about the benefits of GABA for people with moderate to severe anxiety. I have been searching for a natural product that may help control the symptoms of anxiety (tremors, shakiness...) rather than taking prescribed benzodiazepines. I took GABA first thing in the morning before breakfast. Within the first 10 minutes of taking this product, I experienced a strange sensation, perhaps the niacin flush that is described by others. I experienced rapid heartbeat, nausea, and a sudden increase in my body temperature. GABA seemed to help me relax a bit, and it did help to lessen a little of the shakiness/tremor associated with highly anxious people. I am not sure if I would recommend GABA supplements to people as I have some concerns regarding the safety of taking this supplement. I have a kidney issue and noticed that every time I took this supplement, one of my kidneys seemed to react to it. I asked my doctor about the safety of taking this supplement and was told that "if it is not harming you then it is ok to take it, especially if it seems to be helping, but it is not something I would recommend." GABA seems to work for many people, your experience might be different than mine, however as for me I am not taking this supplement anymore due to health reasons and concerns.

Sleep

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Sep 21, 2008

Was hoping to replace my anti depressant with Gaba for sleep, whilest they do make you feel calm, relaxed its not powerful enough for me to make me sleep. Will continue to use for anxiety reduction though.

Good but shortterm effect

Posted by Reviewer1539732 on Jul 19, 2010

It works quite good, but the effect lasts only about three hours. It also makes me slightly numb mentally, which is offcourse sometimes preferable, but not in every circumstance.

No effect

Posted by Reviewer2611721 on Nov 21, 2007

NOW makes good products at reasonable prices, but so far I have felt no effect from this product. I was hoping it would relax my mind so I could sleep at night.

Not sure

Posted by Reviewer2336436 on Dec 10, 2007

I took this to help produce a relaxed a calming effect. I take 1 pill in the evening around bed time, but don't think I've noticed any effect. Maybe I'm not taking enough.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »