For ADHD

Posted by 4950137916699237694 on Mar 10, 2015

Purchased these after researching that it could help lessen ADHD symptoms. They seem to help but are difficult to get my child to take as they don't taste so pleasant. They also have a tendency to quickly absorb moisture so if you live in a humid area be sure to keep the cap on tight. We had problems with them getting moist when I kept them in a supplement holder/pill box that wasn't airtight.

Gaba, nice taste and high dose

Posted by 5493635501914070700 on May 17, 2014

Awesome gaba.. Calming but not sedating. Tastes great although bit large for kids. It does break down easily and mix with juice for the kids without bad side effects. No tyrosine in here either, if u buy product with tyrosine and u already have high dopamine levels you can have hypers or headaches etc. but this one is not carrying too. Many extra not needed ingredients. My third bottle so far and be back for more, scientists reckon this doesn't cross your brain blood barrier but it calms somehow.

Works well

Posted by FilaLuvR on Dec 13, 2013

This helps to calm the whole family, and tastes great. I do find if I take the recommended two pills at one time I get a little jittery, but one works well and no jitters. Homework goes better with these, too.

Fibromyalgia/Chemotherapy Sleep Disorder

Posted by Reviewer2060826 on Mar 01, 2013

I have multiple chronic sleep disorders caused by fibromyalgia and residual effects from chemotherapy. On advice of a practitioner, I use a number of supplements aimed at various disorders, but GABA seems the most effective for helping me to fall asleep. I eat 2 NOW GABA chewables at bedtime, allowing the broken pieces to linger under my tongue for a few minutes before swallowing. I use Superior Source 100 mg sub-lingual GABA when I awake during the night: I don't usually need a higher dose at that time. It has a mild flavor and doesn't require chewing, so isn't disruptive to slip under the tongue. Leave one tablet on the nightstand, for easy access in the dark. http://www.iherb.com/Superior-Source-GABA-100-mg-100-MicroLingual-Instant-Dissolve-Tablets/42415 REMEMBER to NOT expose yourself to light during your period of rest, as it disrupts the pineal gland's ability to create melatonin. Avoid turning on the lights, when possible. For daytime stress, I am addressing high cortisol and blood sugar issues. (When I tried the chewable GABA during daytime, I developed mouth sores.)

Ineffective and gave me cankers/mouth sores

Posted by Reviewer3281955 on Nov 02, 2012

Initially tasted a bit odd but after the first couple of tabs I got to like the taste, sort of like eating an orange lolly. But they didn't seem to work for me. After an aggravating morning, I drove to the shops in a foul mood furiously sucking one tablet after another. By the time I got home 90 min later, I was still furious. (Yet it took only 1x500mg tab of L-tyrosine together with 1x500mg tab of DL-Phenylalanine, on an empty stomach BTW, for me to calm down within 15 minutes! Sure, I was still angry at the deed, but my mind moved on from that to thinking of constructive solutions to the problem instead of fuming and obsessing over the injustice of it.) Plus, after using them several days in a row, I developed sores on the roof of my mouth. So, sadly, I won't be buying them again.

good

Posted by Reviewer3362590 on Sep 06, 2012

taste nice. havent noticed any differences after a month however.

Kids did not like the taste, bottle went bad quickly.

Posted by Reviewer1929716 on Aug 03, 2012

I can not speak for the effectiveness of this product but the taste was not great and the whole bottle of tablets turned color and got moist within a couple months. I love iherb's service but do wish they took returns on products that turn bad quickly.

Natural calming effect!

Posted by Reviewer2346507 on Jul 21, 2012

This is good tasting chewable GABA tablet that naturally calms your nerves with no ill side effects.

Works!

Posted by Reviewer1638313 on Jan 02, 2012

I tried these after going through two bottles of Natural Factors. I love that they don't contain sugar, but the taste is pretty jarring. Not terrible though - and let's face it -- supplements shouldn't taste like candy! I actually thought this product worked better than the Natural Factor chewables -- it definitely does the job. I take them whenever I am especially stressed out -- they're my secret weapon when it comes to flying on a plane!

GABA

Posted by Reviewer1699670 on Nov 07, 2011

This product did work for me. The downside was that it can cause you flushing of the face and upper body.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »