Good 4 diabetics

Posted by Reviewer2648777 on Mar 03, 2011

This is a good product for diabetics.

Works well

Posted by Reviewer2657281 on Apr 06, 2011

I started taking this to help control my blood sugar levels. So far it seems to be working!

Lowered blood glucose, but some side effects

Posted by 5287557262562672964 on Apr 19, 2014

Everyone is different of course however this product had immediate results for me. I'm a type 2 diabetic using long-acting insulin only (20 units/day) and the first day I used it it caused a mild hypo. This was because it knocked the glucose down more than I expected (had not adjusted the insulin). I then adjusted the insulin down to 15 units/day and fasting glucose is still better than before taking the GTF chromium. However I did notice some side-effects, including (funnily enough, as other people usually report the opposite when taking chromium) an increased craving for sweet foods; mild but nagging headaches in the evening; some mild intestinal cramps, and slower bowel movements (normally once a day on average, with the chromium easily down to once every three days only). I was taking 5 tablets a day from the start (1000 mcg) which I had read was the maximum recommended daily dosage, did that for about a month. Have now stopped since a few days and waiting for the chromium to flush out of my system so that I can start again with a clean slate: in two weeks will start with a lower dosage to measure the effects and whether it reduces the glucose still, whilst hopefully decreasing or eliminating side effects if I take only one or two a day, say. Overall an excellent product that clearly lowers glucose, but the side effects make it a bit of a toss whether to continue or not. Once I've tried the lower dosage will make a decision.

Chromium Picolinate to curb sugar cravings

Posted by Reviewer2085750 on Jul 25, 2010

The first few weeks I started off taking 200 mg and failed to notice much reduction in my sugar cravings. Today I took 400 in the AM and I feel find without treats. I will try this higher dose for a week or so and see how it goes. Otherwise, I think this is worthwhile to take if you are eating wholesome and varied foods yet crave sugar. I have actually been on a 800 dose all this time to no avail...

blood sugar leveler

Posted by Reviewer1650783 on Apr 23, 2008

keeps me going

This is the

Posted by Reviewer1852029 on Jul 31, 2008

best form of chromium to take and NOW has great pricing on this. Terrific bargain.

results are unclear

Posted by Reviewer2358105 on Feb 11, 2010

like with many supplements, it's hard to tell if this product is doing what it says it will do. I will continue to take it as the description on the bottle says it is an essential trace mineral that works with insulin to support healthy blood glucose levels and plays an important role in proper utilization of protein, fat and carbs so I guess my body needs it.

cheap

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on Nov 20, 2008

Cheapest chromium i could find, works as well as the rest.

Posted by Reviewer1214769 on Apr 13, 2011

Great

Posted by Reviewer2111461 on Apr 06, 2011

Works great and the best value