Say no to synthetic vitamin E

Posted by All-Reviews-Here on Nov 17, 2014

Vitamin E is essential for life. But the human body has no need for synthetic chemicals. And this is where the problem begins. Most of the scientific research into the effects of vitamins use synthetically made versions in their studies. Vitamin E is really a combination of eight different forms. There are four tocopherols and four tocotrienols. In nature, they occur together, and make up the most important chain-breaking fat-soluble antioxidant we have. You have more of the alpha tocopherol inside you than the other forms. But, you can’t just grab that, throw it in a vitamin and tell people that it’s “healthy.” These attempts to outsmart nature run into predictable problems. For example, only giving people the alpha tocopherol can make a lack of vitamin E worse. It will keep you from absorbing enough tocotrienols. And tocotrienols are the real workhorses of the vitamin E compounds. Tocotrienols have benefits that tocopherols don’t have. They give vitamin E its antioxidant punch. In fact, a new study shows gamma tocotrienol boosts your cells’ antioxidant strength by 300%. The trick to getting all the benefits of vitamin E is to get it as close to the form nature intended as possible. Make sure you’re not getting the synthetic version of only one form of vitamin E. Stay away from any vitamin E labeled d-alpha or especially dl-alpha tocopherol. The “dl” means it’s synthetic, and if it only contains “alpha-tocopherol, then it’s got only one of the eight forms.

Brilliant for prostate problems

Posted by Reviewer2176725 on Aug 09, 2011

I have tested this on my Dad and a friend, and it truly works for prostate problems. My Dad found relief noticeable by 2 weeks, and better after 3 weeks. My friend, who was crippled by pain ALL DAY, is now standing straight and going for walks, and not needing to go to the toilet as often. He has only been taking it for about 2 weeks and now has purchased 4 bottles himself!! Beats waiting years to have an operation here in Australia!!!

Now Foods, Gamma E Complex

Posted by Reviewer3259995 on Oct 12, 2007

I have been using all of these products for Hasimoto's thyroiditis will excellent results. Labs are normal and symptoms are gone.

Kick off asma!

Posted by Reviewer2649917 on Nov 02, 2010

Asma no moooooooooooore! Very thanks iHerb !!!

Great price and works!

Posted by herbalturtle on Jun 17, 2012

I take Vitamin E on and off to help with hormone balancing and keeping my skin soft from the inside out. Seems to help with preventing or fading brown spots.

For me and my wife...

Posted by Reviewer1448770 on Jul 24, 2014

For me this supplement helps with my skin greatly, so much softer and smoother, better than anything you can add topically. My skin just looks much better overall in general. For my wife, she takes this to help combat high estrogen and PCOS, and it makes a good difference. It is one of the major parts of her treatment that allowed her to over come PCOS.

Dislike the dark gel cap

Posted by Gondwanaland00 on Sep 16, 2014

I took one capsule of Gamma E daily for 8 months straight and love this product. It keeps my good cholesterol (HDL) in excellent levels. Right now I am taking it every other day with the same benefits since I increased my magnesium supplementation. It's a pity that the dark gel capsule almost ruins it - if I swallow it, my urine smells terrible! So I chew it and discard the capsule. I started taking it because I am +/- for Factor V Leiden and had a DVT some years ago. I do not take a blood thinner anymore, but since I took it I got a vascular pain in the shoulders which prevents me from sleeping on the side if I don't take the Gamma E + magnesium. I take 1 capsule of NOW Omega 3 daily to help with the blood thinning effect. I also am salicylate sensitive and the fact that this vitamin comes in rice oil is a pro.

Skin

Posted by Reviewer1680635 on Jul 10, 2009

My boyfriend has severly dry skin. Taking this seems to be helping. He's tried everything else. Usually this time of year his skin gets really itchy and it started, but he started taking this and it has pretty much stopped the itch. Good choice.

The Best Vitamin E I have found!!! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Jul 10, 2013

This has the important tocopherols and tocotrenols. I'm not sure exactly what they do, but have read about how important they are. These are a brownish red capsule instead of the yellowish color. I won't buy anything else now.

High quality, but high price; questionable benefits

Posted by Reviewer3168863 on Jul 11, 2013

I exercise multiple days per week at high intensity. I also eat healthfully. I get compliments on my apparent fitness. However, I have persistently high LDL cholesterol. Taking one of these daily since 2004 has not had any affect on reducing my LDL level to within normal limits.