• Reviews | English

Not as good as last year

Posted by Reviewer2802582 on Aug 20, 2008

Last year these were perfect. This year I've actually thrown away more than half. Very expensive for that! All summer I have ordered with "next day delivery" to avoid the package traveling through the heat of summer. I e-mailed NOW Foods but they have not responded.

Good and BAD

Posted by Reviewer2059996 on Feb 10, 2009

Although I agree with the results, as for the taste.... The closest I've been to tasting soap without actually eating soap. WOW, the only thing missing was the bubbles. All that aside, I would probably look for a better tasting item next time around. I will be able to finish these, unfortunately, by myself. My girlfriend couldn't finish the first piece she bit into, I finisshed it.

Not so good

Posted by Reviewer3258869 on Nov 17, 2010

I bought these to help with an upset stomach for my boyfriend and they taste awful. I almost spit it out. I recommend getting the hard ginger candies.

Ok, but not spicy at all!

Posted by HealthMinded71 on Jan 06, 2010

I am very disappointed in these as they are not spicy at all. My fiance' makes his own and his is MUCH better because I love the BITE that ginger gives. This has a ginger flavor, but none of the bite. If you've ever had any of the Ginger People products and like those, you will be disappointed in these. I wish someone else had written a review of how these are not spicy because I wouldn't have bought them. I've had ginger cookies with more bite than these. Not sure what to do with them. Maybe chop them up and use them in baking somehow. So disappointed because so many were saying they thought these were spicy. All I can figure is, they might think that mild salsa is spicy too. I don't eat foods so spicy that you can't taste things, but ginger is different. Ginger is a nice kick of hot that doesn't last and tastes great! If that is what you are looking for, this is not for you. Sorry. Will not purchase again. :(

Staple.

Posted by HildeK on Apr 05, 2012

I always have these around cause of migraine related nausea. Tastes good, and makes sure that I can keep food down, and get some sugar in the system.

Great snack

Posted by Reviewer3348759 on May 20, 2012

Probably not for everyone. I've had different brands and they are pretty much the same. Has a "bite" to it. And you'll feel a slight burn in the back of your throat. The sugar crystals make it easier to enjoy. I use it for a pick-me-up snack. A little goes a long way and it is known for settling an upset stomach, though I haven't use it for that

Crystalised Ginger

Posted by Reviewer1488008 on Jun 07, 2012

Digestion comforter

Best Ginger!

Posted by HealthAdventureCoach on Sep 17, 2012

This is addictive! Watch out, but in a good way. Flavor is fantastic, freshness is perfect.

Very good! Great price!

Posted by Reviewer2086678 on Jan 27, 2013

Iherb has one of the best prices available on this type of snack. My family loves it! You don't need much to satisfy your sweet tooth, and it has a wonderfully strong ginger taste. Another family I know chops it up to put it in homemade ice cream.

Abolutely DELICIOUS

Posted by teacup on Apr 28, 2013

We can't purchase this again as we ate the entire bag the first day. So good it is addicting and too much sugar to eat in one day... HAHAALOL. This brand is better than anything we have ever tried and we love Ginger Slices and this has no chemical preservatives. Superb!!!