Excellent Sleep Aide

Posted by Reviewer2277351 on Jul 28, 2011

I have read the other reviews. I agree with someone who wrote that having a scoop inside would make his day, funny..... Not many have mentioned how this is a fantastic sleep aide. I read about it's use in a Lyme Disease book, (the 13 top LLMD's), one LLMD wrote to use 1-3 mg of melatonin 1 hour before bed with 2-4 grams of glycine at bed time and again 2-4 grams if you awaken during the night one time. I have tried EVERYTHING, with some exaggeration, to try and fall back asleep, and this brand of glycine, in powder form has been the only natural product that has worked as well as prescription drugs. With it's use and my MD's help I am able to ween off of Klonopin from 1 mg now down to .5 mg, slow going but with it's withdrawl effects I must go slow. So this has been a real life saver for me, no exaggeration, without it I would have had to stay on the klonopin and did not want to continue that route. 4 years of it was enough... Hats off to I-herb for it's fast and easy service.....

Calming

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on May 15, 2008

I take this just before bed along with Gaba and Taurine and it makes me relaxed and sleepy, the taste is not too bad either.

Good for liver and gallbladder

Posted by Reviewer1386519 on Apr 16, 2009

Studies have shown this to be very liver protective. Great product and cheap.

pre endurance activity

Posted by Reviewer2580618 on Mar 12, 2008

I use this for extended endurance activity with other aminos like proline and lysine. When I add glycine it really helps me feel like I have more energy later in the workout. I don't bonk, and I feel fresher. Seems to be muscle sparing and helps me switch over to fat for fuel faster.

Good value

Posted by HealthinSimplicityHIX068 on Oct 20, 2010

Sweet tasting amino acid which has calming properties and also has research providing support for use in building and maintaining joint cartilage.

Now Glycine

Posted by Reviewer3147749 on Oct 22, 2007

This added to GABA really helps soothe my nervous system, specifically mental. An inexpensive solution!

Sound sleep

Posted by Reviewer2089693 on Sep 21, 2008

I take Glycine for better quality of sleep. A spoonful of this Glycine works nicely for me.

Nice

Posted by Reviewer1376893 on Aug 18, 2010

I mix it with taurine and take it, seems to have a nice chill out effect.

Great product,great price!

Posted by Reviewer1992980 on Dec 05, 2007

This is a great product and I received it super fast! I have improved energy,better sleep and an overall feeling of serenity. I would order this product from you guys again! Keep up the good work!

great alternative sweetener

Posted by Reviewer2031635 on Nov 30, 2011

I got the glycine for it's liver support function, but it works great as an alternative sweetener. I use 1/4 t in my tea and tastes much better than stevia. (It's also sweeter and significantly cheaper than inositol, another potential "sweetener" with beneficial effects.)