Excellent Sleep Aide

Posted by Reviewer2277351 on Jul 28, 2011

I have read the other reviews. I agree with someone who wrote that having a scoop inside would make his day, funny..... Not many have mentioned how this is a fantastic sleep aide. I read about it's use in a Lyme Disease book, (the 13 top LLMD's), one LLMD wrote to use 1-3 mg of melatonin 1 hour before bed with 2-4 grams of glycine at bed time and again 2-4 grams if you awaken during the night one time. I have tried EVERYTHING, with some exaggeration, to try and fall back asleep, and this brand of glycine, in powder form has been the only natural product that has worked as well as prescription drugs. With it's use and my MD's help I am able to ween off of Klonopin from 1 mg now down to .5 mg, slow going but with it's withdrawl effects I must go slow. So this has been a real life saver for me, no exaggeration, without it I would have had to stay on the klonopin and did not want to continue that route. 4 years of it was enough... Hats off to I-herb for it's fast and easy service.....

Calming

Posted by Reviewer1974227 on May 15, 2008

I take this just before bed along with Gaba and Taurine and it makes me relaxed and sleepy, the taste is not too bad either.

Good for liver and gallbladder

Posted by Reviewer1386519 on Apr 16, 2009

Studies have shown this to be very liver protective. Great product and cheap.

pre endurance activity

Posted by Reviewer2580618 on Mar 12, 2008

I use this for extended endurance activity with other aminos like proline and lysine. When I add glycine it really helps me feel like I have more energy later in the workout. I don't bonk, and I feel fresher. Seems to be muscle sparing and helps me switch over to fat for fuel faster.

Now Glycine

Posted by Reviewer3147749 on Oct 22, 2007

This added to GABA really helps soothe my nervous system, specifically mental. An inexpensive solution!

Sound sleep

Posted by Reviewer2089693 on Sep 21, 2008

I take Glycine for better quality of sleep. A spoonful of this Glycine works nicely for me.

Good value

Posted by HealthinSimplicityHIX068 on Oct 20, 2010

Sweet tasting amino acid which has calming properties and also has research providing support for use in building and maintaining joint cartilage.

No more nocturnal panic attacks!

Posted by Reviewer3064744 on Apr 23, 2015

Glycine has been a miracle cure for my nocturnal panic attacks (caused by cortisol/adrenaline rushes when asleep). I never want to be without this now!

VERY HELPFUL!

Posted by Reviewer2813819 on Sep 18, 2014

I use this regularly to wean off of medications for panic. Helps in getting a good nights sleep too.

Glycine for sleep

Posted by Reviewer2197873 on Jul 11, 2012

I have been using glycine for a week now with my doctor's approval. I have been having sleep problems for years and it was hard on my health. I take as prescribed along with a glass of milk, honey and pumpkin seeds. So far I fall asleep almost immediately and sleep all through the night.