Best bang for the buck antioxidant

Posted by mikeinbc on Jul 02, 2012

This is by far my favorite supplement. It has an immense amount of positive research behind it and it is less expensive per gram than resveratrol, pycnogenol, red wine extract, astaxanthin, and L theanine. Grape seed extract also contains substantial amounts of natural flavonoids, vitamin E and linoleic acid. It gives me more energy and vibrant skin. I would suggest this antioxidant above all others. As shown in several studies, all antioxidants including grape seed extract should be taken on an empty stomach with vitamin C. One study concluded that the antioxidants in green tea are absorbed 30-98% more effectively by including 30mg of vitamin C. The vitamin C can be in the form of either ascorbic acid and/or citrus juices. The Now Foods brand takes care of this by including 30 mg of natural vitamin C in each capsule.

Now Foods, Grape Seed, 250 mg

Posted by Reviewer2654504 on Jul 22, 2010

I have been using this product for 15 years. I take 2 capsules every moring and night. I am 74 years old and can still read the phone book without glasses as long as I am faithful with taking this product. If I miss a few doses I can't see clearly. This is a real incentive for me to continue taking this strong antioxidant. I had to ware glasses since high school until I discoverd this product.

alloriginaleverythingworksnoprescriptions

Posted by alloriginal on May 20, 2013

Grape seed extract is the best full-spectrum antioxidant that I know of, and this is a very good one. The 250 mg. potency is a powerful ally in the fight against aging. It works wonders on bruising, muscle aches, joint pain, inflammation of all varieties, wrinkles and almost anything else you can think of. I have been using grape seed for many years and can report that there are no known side effect. The relatively small capsules may be taken with or without food at any time of day. This is perhaps the best (and easiest) single thing you can do to improve your long term health. Now makes a variety of great products at economical prices. Buying from Iherb makes sense because they discount the prices even further, and ship very quickly. I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've tried a lot of products, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest, straighforward, and based on my experience. Read my other reviews to quickly learn from my three decades of research and experimentation.

Especially good for youthful skin

Posted by SEEKING-HEALTH on Nov 11, 2014

On Products-With-Reviews page, I have more reviews of other products I have bought and used. Oligomeric proanthrocyanidins (OPCs) contained in grape seeds stabilize the collagen structures in your skin just like tight rungs keep the ladder stable. Grape seed extract also helps you maintain normal blood pressure, and even maintain a healthy inflammation response.

ADD helper! Unexpected benefit

Posted by Reviewer1934518 on Jul 28, 2011

I have never been officially diagnosed with ADD or ADHD etc, but my whole life has been a struggle to sit down and read and focus for long periods of time. I barely got by in school. Once a few years ago a friend gave me some adderrall for fun. I could not believe how different I felt, and how I could focus for hours straight working on my golf swing...anyway, I only took it once and forgot all about it. Now to the grape seed... I ordered this product (first time user) for the reported antioxidant properties. But I have been pleasantly surprised how helpful this is to my focus and concentration. I used to struggle to get through the work day. I was easily distracted and always wanted to be doing something else. But when I pop one of these Now Food grape seeds, I can sit at my computer focused on my task for 8 hours straight. I barely even have to take a lunch break. I think they make work as well for focus as that adderrall pill I took years ago, if not better. I have been taking these for about 2 months now and they still work today as good as they did the first time I took them. I read and do a ton of research for my job, and it can get boring. But not with these pills. I am totally into the task at hand. Awesome unexpected benefit! The anti-oxidant aspect I'm not sure about yet but I have not gotten sick since I started them :-)

grape seed extract--call it a miracle in a bottle

Posted by Reviewer3210713 on Oct 31, 2010

I've used grape seed for years. It's the very best thing for any sort of muscle, ligament, tendon injury. Truly! As long as you have no reactions to it, don't be afraid to take 1,000-2,000 mg 3-4 times a day if you've got a lot of soreness going on. All those antioxidants are so healing! You will be amazed! Now Foods brand is reasonably priced and at 250 mg fewer caps are required to get the job done. I was thrilled to find it at this potency. Believe me, it beats the tar out of any OTC or prescription painkillers, hands down, because it actually heals the body. Whenever I'd overdo in the garden, I'd take 500 mg and could tell a difference in an hour. Another dose before bed and I'd wake up completely pain-free and ready to start another day. If I didn't know I overdid it yesterday, my body certainly wasn't telling me I did. It is a miracle in a bottle!

Good!

Posted by Reviewer1154076 on Apr 17, 2011

Giving to my mother. Overall she is doing much better - energy, mental clarity, enthusiasm. skin overtone is lighter. She is recovering from a very bad aggravation/ side effect to an Allopathic medication for osteopenia. Went into severe depression and health problems. This and several others are helping her come out of it very well. Good to have 250mg in one tablet.

Very good product

Posted by Reviewer1465231 on Jul 08, 2008

Works well for me in preventing or stopping colds and allergies. Also controls stress incontinence.

It must be working

Posted by Reviewer1598698 on Jul 27, 2012

I had my blood pressure checked and it has gone down some so I guess its doing what it claims.

fantastic for your brain

Posted by Reviewer2247377 on Dec 14, 2015

My adult son has ADD and after much nagging about trying grape seed I bought him some of these and hoped he would try them. He of course was unconvinced and being ADD not very organised at taking things regularly. Well he tried them and now takes them voluntarily every morning and he says they help him think. He keeps them in the car so he remembers on the way to work. I don't think you can get a better result than that. As another bonus his skin looks much clearer. Brilliant product.