Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, Beet Sugar, 3 lbs (1361 g)

GMO-beets!!!

Posted by Reviewer1940808 on Jun 10, 2011

This beet sugar is made from GMO beets!!!(I just confirmed it with them). Sadly, nobody else manufactures beet sugar :(

Our saving grace!!!

Posted by Reviewer2715813 on Jan 29, 2008

Our autistic son is allergic to cane sugar and corn so finding a sugar or alternative sweetener not derived from a corn or chemical source is impossible. We ordered this wonderful beet sugar as he is not allergic to beets HE LOVES IT we now bake everything for him desserts, breads, etc....it is a God send and we thank you!! We will continue using your product FOREVER!!!!!!!! Lori

CAUTION for sulfite sensitivity - may cause reaction

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 28, 2013

Thought this would be a good alternative to cane sugar after reading the reviews. However, I found this sugar caused me to feel breathless and therefore do not believe it's suitable for sulfite sensitivity/MCS - I won't continue to use it. Cane sugar doesn't provoke the same reaction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Great alternative to Cane Sugar

Posted by Reviewer3246981 on Jul 28, 2008

I have been using this now for a couple of weeks and am thrilled with this product. I am allergic to cane sugar but I can have beet sugar. It tastes wonderful and a perfect choice for my family. I've made brownies with it and homemade whipped cream...both tasted heavenly! If you are on a rotation diet, this item is in the Goosefoot family instead of the Grass family so it is related to Beets and Spinach instead of Wheat, Oats, and Corn. It helped me a lot in my rotation.

Beet Sugar

Posted by Reviewer3316773 on Mar 04, 2008

My daughter is allergic to cane sugar. Beet sugar is not available in our local grocery store. Orders are processed immediately and arrive within a resonable time, 7 to 10 days. I order several bags at one time; the $4.00 shipping charge is greatly appreciated since sugar is heavy!