Now Foods Beet Sugar

Posted by Reviewer1084877 on Jun 05, 2014

Their website states they use non-GMO beets and they are in the process of getting verified by the Non-GMO project. That's great news because I have loved beet sugar over cane sugar for years and was so happy to find that somebody still produced it. I mix this with about 1/4 of the dark coconut sugar and with a little cinnamon it's a lot like using brown sugar, without the higher glycemic curve.

Only type of sugar I can use

Posted by coolsheri on May 17, 2014

Several years ago, I went to a homeopath MD that told me cane sugar was #1 on the forbidden food list for me. As time went on, seeing cane sugar in EVERY natural food, I thought it "couldn't be that bad" for me. Well, it was. Recently I went back to the homeopath MD, was retested and, yep, cane sugar is still #1, but beet sugar is good, so I researched and found this product. While I would prefer beet sugar from the EU where it is not a GMO, for as little as I use, this works wonderfully. Grateful to have access to beet sugar.

Beet Sugar

Posted by Reviewer2083849 on Apr 05, 2014

Tastes just like sugar and cooks just like sugar. Excellent in baking

After taste

Posted by Reviewer1333587 on Jan 08, 2014

It is sweet but there is an after taste when used in drinks. Works well for baking though.

CAUTION for sulfite sensitivity - may cause reaction

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Nov 28, 2013

Thought this would be a good alternative to cane sugar after reading the reviews. However, I found this sugar caused me to feel breathless and therefore do not believe it's suitable for sulfite sensitivity/MCS - I won't continue to use it. Cane sugar doesn't provoke the same reaction. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

beet sugar

Posted by 4758027131528998590 on Aug 23, 2013

Superb product

Beet Sugar

Posted by Reviewer1517473 on Jan 06, 2013

My order was received without delay and the package was in good condition.

Great value!

Posted by oregon324 on Jun 27, 2012

I can buy this locally at "Whole Paycheck Market" but this is a far better buy. I buy three bags at a time to make it the most cost effective and shipping is always speedy.

beet sugar

Posted by Reviewer1824562 on Feb 24, 2012

Thank you. Couldn't find it locally. I haven't had sugar in 2 years being diagnosed with an intolerance to cane sugar

Awesome product!

Posted by Reviewer1369191 on Feb 19, 2012

I use it in my Vegan Bakery. No cow bone char filtering, only 100% from the earth sugar. Tastes amazing!