• Reviews | English

Far too much sugar

Posted by Reviewer1586512 on May 05, 2010

The ginger is good but is covered with huge amounts of crystallized sugar. Not what I was expecting, especially since sugar is an absolute no-go for me.

set aside for upset tummies, and just to snack on

Posted by Reviewer1768095 on Oct 22, 2008

This is a handy and tastey and natural way to settle stomach cramps and help ease nausea and some other stomach discomforts, depending on their causes. Have experienced instant calming of cramps during flu.

Made with white sugar

Posted by Reviewer1592994 on Feb 08, 2011

not with brown sugar :(

High sugar, taste isnt great as expected

Posted by Reviewer1194268 on May 30, 2011

This gave me sugar crash after intake (of course, its sugar laden). I ve taken other types of local brand sweetened ginger, and this (made in thailand batch) , in terms of taste, isnt better, and the sugar amt is staggering, I cant believe they stuff this with that much sugar, its so laden with sugars that you see a lof of sugar crystals "raining" the packet contents. Not buying this anymore.. I gave it to my office colleagues (after warning them of the sugar).. cause the sugar crash feeling is signalling me that its not a good thing, and not a "healthy" food Im afraid.

Whoa!

Posted by Reviewer3252571 on Feb 27, 2008

What a ZING! These are great for folks trying to be more disciplined with their intake of sweets. I cannot imagine eating more than one at a time and they do satisfy cravings for sweets!

high quality and good price

Posted by Reviewer1043200 on Oct 09, 2008

I'm a big Now Foods fan - have used their products for a long time. I like this ginger because it doesn't dry out once opened as so many others do. It's good for baking, assorted Eastern cooking, and eating straight out of the bag for a little boost.

IIf you like it a little hot

Posted by Reviewer1316551 on Jan 02, 2009

This ginger is sweet and spicy. I use in in place of candy or desert after meals. I believe it is a good price for crystallized ginger.

Great taste but ..

Posted by 4837920192562469263 on Oct 30, 2015

This is a great product .. I like it a lot. Unlike other ginger pieces I tried before, this is not too much hot .. but I don't like the amount of sugar coating. I would have given it 5 stars if it was not for the too much sugar.

I meant these for a snack

Posted by Reviewer2486218 on Jan 28, 2011

but there is simply too much sugar added

Yummy

Posted by Reviewer3342895 on Sep 12, 2008

And effective. Eating several pieces warmed me up right away. Highly recommended.