Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Double "00" Gelatin Caps, 750 Empty Capsules

Gelatin is dodgy

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Mar 19, 2014

While these are a good size and easier to fill by hand than vegecaps, I'll be avoiding them like the plague from now on. After a bit of detective work, I seem to be intolerant of anything that's made of gelatin. This is apparently possible if you get the flu injection which contains gelatin, or other innoculations that contain gelatin, such as MMR (which I got with three other innoculations when I moved country). Possibly also why nutritional oils in gelcaps cause me grief (though some of that is also a salicylate/glycerine thing). It's a toxic world. My suggestion - forgo the caps and go as natural as possible (even if it tastes awful). Your immune system will play nice in the long run. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Enough size for everything

Posted by ZlatinVal on Aug 23, 2012

You can put any powder you wish in these capsules. The size is perfect. I fill my own NAC and IP6 capsules when I go travel because they can be tightly and strongly closed. I bought this item three times and use it every day - my sister, mother and other members of my family. I certainly buy again. Very satisfied.

Sturdy

Posted by Reviewer3321203 on Nov 30, 2007

Now brand gelatin capsules are the only ones I buy. I don't have to worry about cracking or crushing when I make my herb pills.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer2493571 on Feb 06, 2008

Great value for the money, alot cheaper than other places. Only complaint is that sometimes a few of the capsules are crushed or the top is missing, but still an excellent value for the money. They fit really well in my capsule machine and don't stick like some other ones I've tried.

Easy to pull apart - good quality

Posted by coconut on Jun 29, 2012

These are easy to pull apart and put back together. Good size. I have a plastic device that lines up the capsules to fill them. I have used for MSM, turmeric, bentanite clay and ginger. Very happy with results. I buy herbs in bulk and save money using these capsules.