Great product

Posted by Reviewer2291093 on Nov 14, 2007

No complaints! Used it in allergen-free (gluten-free) recipes with great results. My daughter is allergic to corn so we used this instead of xanthan gum (which is a derivative of corn).

It does its job but...

Posted by Reviewer1888480 on Jul 02, 2011

It does its job but it tastes quite awful if you use it a lot. I only use it in protein smoothie which has quite blend taste. I heard that if you use xanthan gum and guar gum together the thickening effect is greater so that was what I did at the first time. But it had funny after taste so after some experiment I found out that guar gum was the reason. Since then I've been using just xanthan gum. I am not sure how it is going to taste like in baked goods but if you are planning to use it in smoothie I recommend xanthan gum instead.

Weightloss and lowering cholesterol

Posted by Reviewer2108696 on Jul 01, 2009

This product has given me a 3% weightloss and I have also lowered my cholesterol with 20% over a 6 weeks periode.

Now Foods Guar Gum Powder

Posted by Reviewer2806330 on Sep 02, 2010

I always put a teaspoon or two of guar gum in my protein drinks. It helps thicken up the whey giving it a more "shake" type texture. Works great using a stick type blender. No lumps, no taste, just a smooth shake.

great product!

Posted by Reviewer3019553 on Jul 29, 2008

I use this instead of xanthan gum with just as good results. I like the price too!

fantastic fiber

Posted by Reviewer2212746 on Jun 19, 2008

Those of us with gluten intolerance have to find creative ways to add fiber to our baking. This one does so without changing the flavor, and it enhances the ability of breads and baked goods to "hold together" instead of crumbling. Love it!

Good thickener for gluten free cooking

Posted by Reviewer2539495 on Oct 10, 2008

This works really well in gluten free cooking. I use less than the package suggests as it does not work well in my bread machine if I use the recommended amount.

GFcook

Posted by Reviewer2788450 on Apr 04, 2008

this is a great product for gluten free baking. I use it in combination with xanthum gum.

Great binder - works in synergy with Xanthan Gum

Posted by iHerbalicious on May 30, 2012

Works well in smoothies and milkshakes (it thickens them and adds creaminess) but I mostly use it (combined with xanthan gum) as a binder in my home baked gluten free bread. I always add a little ground flaxseed as well because it really gives that elasticity and chewiness to the bread; those of you celiacs who don’t tolerate gums or are simply wishing to avoid them, try to use ground flaxseed only or for even better results use ground flaxseed in combination with some apple fiber powder or psyllium husk to replace the gluten in your GF bread.

Baking

Posted by Reviewer2502812 on Apr 22, 2010

I use it for baking instead of xantham gum. It works great as a thickener.