Now Foods, Healthy Foods, Organic, Macadamia Nut Oil, 16 fl oz (473 ml)

Sleeper nut oil; culinary necessity

Posted by Reviewer1884680 From Colorado on Nov 09, 2007

I'm surprised more people don't know about Mac-nut oil, which is high in omega 9's like olive oil and low in omega 6. It is suitable for high heat cooking and baking, so it is quite versatile aa well as healthful. Consider trying it in pancakes, muffins, or in a light salad dressing; or drizzled on oatmeal or toast as an alternative to butter. It imparts a subtle, nutty flavor. NOW is not my favorite brand, but I chose this one because it is organic, sold in a darker bottle and I have not seen another organic Macadamia oil (except Nature's Way, which is no longer available).

Mac Oil

Posted by Reviewer3298465 From California on Nov 19, 2008

Hello, Just to let you know I am thrilled with the quality of the Mac Oil I ordered. However, I dont use it to cook with...I use it around my eyes twice a day. Helps keep wrinkles away. It also plays a key part in make up removal. I am 46 and have used Mac oil for almost 4 years - people say I look closer to 32.... :) Thanks Ill be ordering more.

Love it!

Posted by TrueReviews From Greece on Nov 15, 2013

Macadamia nut is extra healthy, it is even better that olive oil. I didn't expect that I would like the taste so much, it is like sweet and nutty. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

This is the best Macadamia Nut Oil!

Posted by Reviewer2747140 From California on Oct 15, 2010

I love Now's Macadamia Nut Oil. It has a wonderful buttery smell to it. I use it in the place of Butter, because of Casein Allergies. It's perfect for frying with because it has a higher heat level than most oils I believe 450 degrees. Macadamia Nut Oil is also heart healthy. I have tried other brands of Macadamia nut oil, but "Now" Is my favorite in smell and in taste.

Ambrosia

Posted by Reviewer1438365 From California on Sep 06, 2008

Use in salad dressings, fry corn tortillas for tacos etc., as oil for homemade granola, saute onions and garlic AND last, but certainly not least, on your face for a pure, chemical free moisturizer. A wonderful food oil!