Sleeper nut oil; culinary necessity

Posted by Reviewer1884680 on Nov 09, 2007

I'm surprised more people don't know about Mac-nut oil, which is high in omega 9's like olive oil and low in omega 6. It is suitable for high heat cooking and baking, so it is quite versatile aa well as healthful. Consider trying it in pancakes, muffins, or in a light salad dressing; or drizzled on oatmeal or toast as an alternative to butter. It imparts a subtle, nutty flavor. NOW is not my favorite brand, but I chose this one because it is organic, sold in a darker bottle and I have not seen another organic Macadamia oil (except Nature's Way, which is no longer available).

This is the best Macadamia Nut Oil!

Posted by Reviewer2747140 on Oct 15, 2010

I love Now's Macadamia Nut Oil. It has a wonderful buttery smell to it. I use it in the place of Butter, because of Casein Allergies. It's perfect for frying with because it has a higher heat level than most oils I believe 450 degrees. Macadamia Nut Oil is also heart healthy. I have tried other brands of Macadamia nut oil, but "Now" Is my favorite in smell and in taste.

A drop here, a drop there, I use it everywhere!

Posted by Reviewer3101973 on Jan 01, 2012

The delicate flavour of this oil tastes delicious on salads, steamed veggies - anywhere you would enjoy a dash of oil or butter. I also spread a few drops on my face after applying my moisturiser morning and night. It leaves my skin extremely soft and clear. I apply about 1/4 teaspoon to my hair each time I wash it, especially to the ends. It helps define my curls and tame the frizz. I have sensitive, slightly dry skin and thick, curly, dry hair. I'm sensitive to chemicals so I like this completely natural way of moisturising my dry bits. Macadamia oil is used in many natural skin and hair products in Australia, where macadamia trees are native. The oil is high in palmitoleic acid which is found in the sebum of human skin. Perhaps that is why it moisturises so beautifully. Putting it on your face and hair might not work so well if you tend toward oily. It would still taste delicious though!

Great organic expeller pressed macadamia oil.

Posted by Leione on Apr 30, 2014

Not only is this organic macadamia oil delicious and great in different recipes, but also it's packed with health benefits. Rich in vitamin E, B vitamins (riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6), manganese, magnesium, calcium, pota ssium, iron, copper, phosphorus, antioxidants and flavonoids, it's great for treating diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiovascular conditions, headache, gluten intolerance and celiac disease, arthritis, rheumatism, acne, and even cancer. It boosts the immune system, flushing toxins out of the body, aiding digestion, preventing heartburn and acid reflux, relieving nausea and bloating, healing gastric ulcers, soothing the stomach lining, reducing colon inflammation, facilitating healing, increasing blood flow in the limbs, helping stabilize blood sugar and regulate insulin levels, normalizing blood pressure, lowering triglycerides and LDL or "bad" cholesterol levels while increasing HDL or "good" cholesterol, protecting against strokes, atherosclerosis and peripheral arterial disease, soothing and healing dry and damaged skin, and even reducing the risk of cancer. I love this product and would recommend it to anyone wanting to lower their cholesterol and blood pressure and improve their overall health and well-being.

Love it!

Posted by TrueReviews on Nov 15, 2013

Macadamia nut is extra healthy, it is even better that olive oil. I didn't expect that I would like the taste so much, it is like sweet and nutty. Click on my username for more reviews! If you thought that this review was helpful please feel free to press the 'yes' button.

Food and Cosmetics - 2 in 1

Posted by Kin-za on May 29, 2013

Unusual taste and aroma of this oil ideally suited for salad dressings. Is often used as a means of Cosmetic. This powerful anti-oxidant agent that has a rejuvenating effect. Positive effect on the skin Macadamia particularly strongly noticeable in winter, when the skin is exposed to constant stress. Appearance: fine texture, light yellow color, pleasant, slightly noticeable flavor of nuts. Chemical composition: oleinovaya acid, linoleic acid, linolenic acid, palmitoleic acid, stearic acid, triglycerides, triglycerides of palmitic acid, vitamin B and PP. //

Ambrosia

Posted by Reviewer1438365 on Sep 06, 2008

Use in salad dressings, fry corn tortillas for tacos etc., as oil for homemade granola, saute onions and garlic AND last, but certainly not least, on your face for a pure, chemical free moisturizer. A wonderful food oil!

Most flavorful macadamia nut oil on the market

Posted by Reviewer2770683 on Oct 12, 2007

This beats all the other macadamia nut oil I've ever tried. This one gives everything rich, deep macadamia flavor. I hope it never changes.

fresh

Posted by Reviewer3022187 on Jan 23, 2009

The best Macadamia Nut Oil I have gotten. Tastes like eating fresh macadamia nuts.

Good for cooking

Posted by Reviewer2741141 on Nov 24, 2009

Great in waffles and sautees'. Pan seared sesame tuna, perfect!