The *only* sugar I use now

Posted by juliem on Apr 05, 2012

I've now fully converted to using this sugar as it tastes so wonderful in my cooking and my coffees. We don't use very much sugar at all now and I attribute it to the fact that it has helped me lower my family's "sweetness" threshhold so as a result I've ended up using less of it. Since we don't eat it whole the slight coarseness and irregularity of the granules is never a problem as they dissolve very well. I also pop it in my Thermomix to grind it to a finer icing sugar consistency if I need to dust it. Ironically the only "trouble" with this sugar is that, to me, white sugar now tastes like saccharine or some other artificial sweetener! Oh and I live in Australia and buy maybe 6 bags each year and I believe it's worth the effort.

Sucanant

Posted by Reviewer2710146 on Feb 06, 2008

This is more grainy than the Sucanat from Wholesome Sweetners, it seems similar to Rapunzul Rapadura. But good stuff overall, and a great value from iherb.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1175158 on Dec 21, 2007

Good old fashioned sucanat with the molasses in tact. Flavorful!! Good with coffee and oatmeal cookies.

Posted by Reviewer2855496 on Jan 21, 2009

I use this sugar in place of any sugar called for in recipes. i love it and it is a lot healthier for you.

Sucanat

Posted by Reviewer1673035 on Jul 30, 2008

I have been trying to move to eating whole foods and choosing healthy natural sweeteners over artificial ones. I had a few recipes that called for Sucanat, but couldn't find it anywhere locally. iHerb had it for a reasonable price and shipped it directly to my house. A great product and a great service!

Complex flavor

Posted by Reviewer1333587 on Jan 18, 2008

Has a complex flavor that enhances a cup of coffee. Looking forward to trying it in my baking.

pretty good

Posted by Reviewer1824665 on Oct 30, 2008

The sucanat is OK, I have been using it to bake with and in things that need sweetner. It takes a little getting used to.

Posted by Reviewer1147467 on Sep 18, 2008

you had it in stock, I got it right away, the price was right, I am very pleased. THANKS

Posted by Reviewer2234573 on Oct 15, 2008

This is also great stuff. It is evaporated cane juice, so it retains much of the nutrients and is far better than refined sugar. You can use it to replace sugar in recipes.

great service for military troops overseas

Posted by Reviewer2065667 on Apr 13, 2009

Not too many companies will deliver food stuff (or anything for that matter) to APO and FPO addresses. There are LOTS of things that our soldiers would like to have while deployed or stationed overseas that aren't available to them over there. It's a pleasure to buy from companies that serve the troops and their families. We will continue to buy from iHerb for this reason. Thanks!