Now Foods, Real Food, Certified Organic Sucanat Cane Sugar, 2 lbs (907 g)

Reviews 5-star

The *only* sugar I use now

Posted by juliem on Apr 05, 2012

I've now fully converted to using this sugar as it tastes so wonderful in my cooking and my coffees. We don't use very much sugar at all now and I attribute it to the fact that it has helped me lower my family's "sweetness" threshhold so as a result I've ended up using less of it. Since we don't eat it whole the slight coarseness and irregularity of the granules is never a problem as they dissolve very well. I also pop it in my Thermomix to grind it to a finer icing sugar consistency if I need to dust it. Ironically the only "trouble" with this sugar is that, to me, white sugar now tastes like saccharine or some other artificial sweetener! Oh and I live in Australia and buy maybe 6 bags each year and I believe it's worth the effort.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1175158 on Dec 21, 2007

Good old fashioned sucanat with the molasses in tact. Flavorful!! Good with coffee and oatmeal cookies.

Posted by Reviewer2855496 on Jan 21, 2009

I use this sugar in place of any sugar called for in recipes. i love it and it is a lot healthier for you.

Posted by Reviewer1147467 on Sep 18, 2008

you had it in stock, I got it right away, the price was right, I am very pleased. THANKS

Posted by Reviewer2234573 on Oct 15, 2008

This is also great stuff. It is evaporated cane juice, so it retains much of the nutrients and is far better than refined sugar. You can use it to replace sugar in recipes.