Now Foods Kelp

Posted by 4991798871384386971 on Mar 29, 2016

As far as kelp goes, this seems as good as any. I didn't see any positive effects but short-term those are hard to detect if nothing is really wrong in the first place. However, I have acne-prone skin and the iodine in these made me break out. Took me a while to realize it was the kelp but as soon as I stopped taking it, my skin started improving. I guess that proves that it does contain a decent amount of iodine, as that is known to cause break-outs.

Kelp didn't help me

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 20, 2015

I bought these a long time ago and they're still sitting in my cupboard three quarters full. I was very sick and had a lot of the symptoms of hypothyroid. I was actually too sick to leave the house to go to the doctor, so I ordered some of these, hoping they would help. They didn't, in fact I think they made me feel worse, so I stopped taking them. It turns out I have PAWS (protracted antidepressant withdrawal syndrome), from coming off my lexapro too fast. I didn't realize that you had to taper very slowly, especially if you have been on antidepressants as long as I have. These are probably good for someone with genuine hypo-thyroid issues. But I have pseudo-thyroid issues along with a lot of other imbalances caused by long term antidepressant use and stopping too fast.

Fishy taste

Posted by Reviewer1993846 on Apr 15, 2013

dont like the taste but taking it with Tyroid so hope it helps. Small pills and easy to swallow

awful smell, no coating

Posted by Reviewer2402627 on Jan 14, 2013

they are cheap, that is good, but I avoid them because the smell is strong and terrible. they really should have come covered with something.

none

Posted by Reviewer2139378 on Feb 04, 2012

OK

good but.

Posted by maryanne4u on Dec 28, 2011

not impressive

Potent

Posted by Reviewer2795397 on Oct 18, 2011

Very potent despite the RDA dosage. If you notice side effects, get your thyroid tested.

Okay

Posted by Reviewer2325479 on Sep 25, 2011

The taste is decent compared to some other kelp products i have tried. Easy size.

Kelp

Posted by Reviewer1437025 on Jun 02, 2011

taking this because of radiation pollution concerns.

SOSO.

Posted by Reviewer2313621 on Apr 18, 2011

I'VE JUST TAKES FOR REW WEEKS. I DON'T KNOW HOW WELL IT WORKS. I'M TAKING FOR POSSIBLE PROTECTION.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »