Disgusting, contaminated :(

Posted by Reviewer3152722 on May 12, 2012

We buy a lot of other Now Foods products, they are great, but this one has a strong taste and smell of rotten fish, had to wash my mouth many times after trying a couple of these pills and spitting them out. Been taking Kelp for years, never had a problem.

More energy, better mood

Posted by Reviewer2258148 on Jun 29, 2009

I started with two a day. Then progressed to five or so. I wasn't able to exercise before iodine. Now, I'm making upward progress. An unexpected positive side-effect is that I'm calmer.

RP

Posted by Reviewer2587415 on Dec 11, 2008

I have been taking perscription thyroid (synthroid)for over 30 years. After a visit to the Dr office to get the annual blood work done in order to get my perscription renewed (thats remained the same mg all these years)and being charged $147 for the office visit not including the lab work and NOT seeing the Dr, just the PA who did nothing more than ask me "how are you feeling" I was determined to find an alternative to the synthroid. After careful and in depth research I ordered Thyroid Energy and Kelp, 150 mcg. I started on a regiment of 2 T Energy and 4 Kelp each morning on an empty stomach and after 1 month I have lost several pounds, have more energy and feel better than I have in years. And the added plus is the $$$$$$$ saving on Dr bills,lab bills and meds.

Best

Posted by Reviewer27139998 on Jul 06, 2012

The natural iodine in the dietary supplement Kelp compensate the lack of this element in the daily diet. Kelp - source of 12 natural vitamins (A, Bl, B2, C, D, E, etc.) as well as essential amino acids. It also contains dozens of macro-and micronutrients necessary for the person (iron, sodium, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, boron, bromine, iodine, selenium, manganese, potassium, sulfur, etc.), and in the most accessible and most rapid complete assimilation of the form. In addition, the price is very low for such a good product.

good product and price

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Oct 12, 2014

Kelp regulates estrogen in breast tissue, protects against fibrocystic breasts, important for reproductive function and is critical for thyroid hormone. Lack of iodine usually manifests as depression, irritability, poor memory and difficulty concentrating. Physical symptoms of iodine deficiency include osteoporosis, or a loss of bone density; hypertension, or high blood pressure; fatigue; dry skin; hair loss; and puffiness in the hands or feet. People who have an iodine deficiency might also experience intolerance to cold, muscle cramps and infertility. It helps me lose weight, it makes me calmer and, gives me more energy.

Now Foods Kelp

Posted by Reviewer1654782 on Oct 04, 2008

Love it! And it was so affordable, thanks iHerb :]

Energy

Posted by Reviewer2618534 on May 28, 2012

After using Now Foods Kelp for 10 days my energy increased. I used to feel sluggish having less energy en much brain fog. It seems that i need (more) iodine, so i will continue this product.

Kelp

Posted by Reviewer3047511 on Oct 16, 2008

I started using Kelp after reading about it in a magazine, it does seem to give me more energy and makes me feel better

Helps with hypothyroidism

Posted by Reviewer2313822 on Nov 17, 2008

Helps with hypothyroidism. Noticed I wasn't so tired all the time after using it for a few weeks, and wasn't so cold all the time either.

Kelp tablets for thyroid function

Posted by Reviewer1909670 on May 25, 2009

I have hypothyroidism. I am on Synthroid. I started taking Kelp tablets about 2 weeks ago. I take one tablet in the morning and I do believe I am not quite so tired. I feel I have a little more energy in the evening than I did before taking the tablets. Hopefully my energy will keep improving.