Does what it's suppose to do

Posted by Prevaileth on Dec 19, 2015

In terms of amino acids, I think they're all generally produced to the same standards, unlike say, some green foods which can be contaminated with environmental pollutants etc. I could be wrong though, but I guess we shouldn't be too worried about purity and efficacy as much when it comes to amino's since they're synthetically produced, as opposed to things grown naturally outdoors with varying uncontrollable factors. [<-- opinion] The product alleviates chest pains when working out [by it's N.O mechanism], along with a plethora of other supplements to help. But this one nailed it when the others no longer seemed to be as effective after consecutive days of workouts. For those giving this product a one star purely for the taste: this isn't a taste testing competition. Just because it tastes bad doesn't mean it's a bad product. A one star to me is a product that doesn't work at all, this one does. If I wanted to know the taste I'd ask a supplement connoisseur. I find a half a cup of cordial mixed with water with this helps mask the disgusting, thickening and sickening bitter taste. You need something really sweet to counteract and balance it out. A chaser of juice or something pleasant afterwards also gets rid of the aftertaste. Review 2: Taking double the recommended dose has boosted my mood quite considerably and given me clearer vision to boot. Also, some may be taking this to encourage GH production, in that case it should be taken on an empty stomach and with no sugar as sugar inhibits GH production [from my basic understanding], but I cannot simply muster up to the taste for this. Anecdotally, I find Ornithine before bed works well even with food and sugar, results being more defined muscles, better recovery, and clearer and more youthful looking skin.

Works!!

Posted by 5193447888805415830 on Aug 01, 2013

Gave me nice pump in gym, i mix it with BCAA and Gatorade in my inter workout and i feel like going for ever!!!

Now Foods, L-Arginine Powder - Reminded me of its Arterial Plague antagonistic effect, thanks to fellow reviewers!

Posted by Thoughtful-Reviews on Feb 08, 2014

I used to take this powdered form of Arginine mixed with my green smoothies. After I was done with bottle, I didn't reorder bec. I felt it didn't give me the desired effect. I wanted to regain my declining virility, and I've read that Arginine helps in the production of Nitric Oxide which relaxes blood vessels. The reason why I didn't have the desired effect might be because I took too little daily (1 level teaspoon or 5 grams/ day vs recommended 2 tsps), with missed doses in between. And not taking it in combination with L-citruline as recommended also (they have a synergistic effect). As I read the experiences of the other reviewers here, I not only want to achieve the virility they say they regained, but also to help in my blood pressure issues, particularly its arterial plaque antagonistic effect. I notice that my diastole is always at the high side of 90s, when the ideal is 70-80. I will order again the powder form, in my next bulkorder, together with L-Citruline, and mix it my green juice mix (chlorella/spirulina/maca/raw-supergreens/raw-protein/tang/banana) and monitor how it affects my BP, particulary the diastolic reading (the denominator in the BP reading). Thanks to my fellow reviewers for making me remember the BP-lowering potential of Arginine. >>> To get more /Nuggets and Tips/ on products me and my family have actually bought and used... ... Click the link above [[Posted By Thoughtful-Reviews]]. Thanks for reading! <<<"

sam

Posted by Reviewer3018616 on Feb 19, 2008

good product and good value. I use it every morning. I have to use crystal light to mask flavor. I mix it with D-Ribose powder. It mixes better than the Metagenics brand.

simon

Posted by Reviewer3013735 on Jan 14, 2008

taste good

arginine powder

Posted by Reviewer1696475 on May 21, 2008

Great value but tastes horrible!

L-Arginine powder

Posted by Reviewer3106078 on Dec 13, 2008

don't like the taste, but since my doctor suggested it, i guess it is good for me. it does mix well in water.

Now Foods, L-Arginine Powder

Posted by Reviewer3026429 on Nov 29, 2010

Found this very potent, had to buy empty capsules to take it.

Arginine

Posted by Reviewer2985981 on Aug 07, 2010

So far I havn't seen any change in my blood preesure scinse using this product.

Pete

Posted by 4939001514157114261 on Mar 29, 2014

Terrible tasting! Like animal hair!