Good Carnosine Product With Good Price

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 09, 2015

These capsules are very easy to swallow. Carnosine's effectiveness doesn't build gradually. If you don't take enough of it during the day, it simply has no effect. The reason is that carnosine is readily degraded by the enzyme carnosinase in the human body. You need to take enough to overwhelm the carnosinase so that "undegraded" carnosine can make its way to the cells of your body. The amount varies according to age and diet, but in general, for people in their mid-thirties and higher, you're looking at 1000-1500 mg a day. If you're younger, healthy, and include lots of meat in your diet, 500 mg a day is probably enough. Carnosine, when used properly, is one of the most effective and fast acting natural anti-aging options available -- and that's being confirmed and validated in study after study. Carnosine has the remarkable ability to throttle down bodily processes that are in a state of excess, and to ramp up those that are under expressed. For example, carnosine thins the blood of people whose blood tends to clot too much and increases the clotting tendency in those with a low clotting index. Carnosine is good for muscles and good for brain too. Yoy may want to use DMAE and Acetyl-l-carnitine to help remove the lipofuscin produced in the body as a side effect of carnosine's protective action. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Great for vegetarians!

Posted by Turboshopper on Oct 29, 2008

Typical vegetarian diets lack carnosine. I read that carnosine helps prevent age-related disease.

L- Carnosine

Posted by Reviewer3220804 on Dec 03, 2010

Great product, has made a difference to my overall well being and stomach issues (taken with zinc for ulcers). I like the caps are in a powder form.

Works!

Posted by Reviewer1869391 on May 21, 2010

This stuff certainly gives you more stamina, I use this first in the morning... However, I prefer Beta-Alanine as it gives more boost.

Lost some weight with these.

Posted by mozzer on May 12, 2014

I took 2 to 3g per day, 1g per meal along with Metagenics liquid fish oil. I take the fish oil "Poliquin style." In the past 6 weeks I've dropped fat pretty quickly, of course along with going to the gym and generally being strict about very low sugar and alcohol consumption.

Against Wrinkles

Posted by Reviewer2664300 on Dec 25, 2007

A cheap supplement which helps to prevent wrinkles and even reduces them!

Telomeres

Posted by Reviewer2551336 on Dec 14, 2008

I am taking this supplement based on anti-aging research which indicates that L-Carnosine may help help supporting cellular rejuvenation by keeping telomeres from breaking. L-Carnosine is also a wonderful anti-oxidant. NOW is the brand to buy - the "other" 500mg supplement is waaay overpriced - same stuff.

Effective carnosine

Posted by Gladiator on Apr 25, 2013

I've been using more expensive carnosine products for years here in Finland but after trying this carnosine, I won't turn back to the old ones :) This does work just as well as the more expensive, equivalent products. Highly recommended!

All round

Posted by Reviewer2151961 on Dec 21, 2009

I have a son with autism and this supplement (one of 22)has helped him all round. I.e. behavior, cognitive skills, comprehension and social skills.

Not quite satisfied

Posted by Reviewer2452584 on Apr 10, 2009

I take 250 mg of this product on a daliy basis by opening the capsule and pouring the powder out. However, I notice at least 20 out of the 100 capsules in a bottle are NOT as fully filled as others and thus contains less powder than the rest. I sincerely hope that Now Food will have a better quality control of their manufacturing process since i have been a fan and purchased different types of their products. I would be grateful if iherb.com could kindly pass along my message to Now Food.