Now Foods, L-Cysteine, 500 mg, 100 Tablets

Not vegetarian

Posted by 5441691892673307650 on Dec 28, 2013

I have to say I'm rather upset. The description of this product is misleading (including terms like (vegetable source) and vegetable coating,nowhere it is written that this is not suitable for vegetarians. I spent a good amount of time doing some research on the internet to find out where Now Foods L-Cysteine is derived from, after reading another review here of somebody wondering the same thing. Finally I found it on Now Food's homepage ( not under product description) but in a different section. L-Cysteine derived from Whey or Chicken Feathers. I feel defrauded, because in the way they put this product description it is not obvious at all that this is an animal based product - which by the way is fine - but being so vague and inexplicit gives me the impression that this is yet another company that most probably knowingly conceals the precise description in order to make some more bucks.

L-Cysteine

Posted by Reviewer1659563 From Australia on Apr 20, 2011

works well for restless legs

Not sure yet

Posted by saraik on Oct 22, 2012

This could be more stars but being that I've been only using for a month im not sure if it's made a difference in hair growth. My nails however are much stronger so im sure it's working. Not too hard to swallow but if taking for hair growth be sure to take 50-100mg of Vitamin C along with it. One thing that threw me off is the inside of the bottle smelt a little like sulfur... or something. The pills don't taste or really smell funny though and im guessing that's natural.

good

Posted by Anaterma From Russian Federation on Nov 04, 2013

seems to work on skin. but i REALLY wish american producers would stop putting over 900% of B vitamins or any other vitamins into any supplements, it gets really annoying, i don't need that amount at all, and other supplements that i take also has it and also i have a perfect diet already, thank you very much. it's just stupid, even considering it's water soluble.

good for hair

Posted by Reviewer1827642 From Nevada on Jun 29, 2010

I read that this amino acid was good for hair and nails so I thought I'd try it. Well, it seems to be working. My hair and nails appear to be growing faster. Other than that I haven't noticed anything else. I take one in the morning and one at night, so far. I have used many NOW products and I am very satisfied. iHerb prices are the best!!!