Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, L-Glutamine, Double Strength, 1000 mg, 120 Capsules

Working Great!

Posted by Reviewer2466588 on Feb 08, 2010

My 11 yr-old daughter has moderate to severe Ulcerative Colitis. I have her taking 1 capsule two times a day based on published research studies of natural therapies to treat UC (also with the blessing of her GI doctor). After less than a month on this and a few other supplements, we have been able to stop Remicade treatments (which have significant risks of serious side effects), have continued her remission and have even seen an improvement in her GI health!

Happy Pills

Posted by Reviewer3237759 on Aug 18, 2013

Oh my goodness this stuff is absolutely amazing! I had heard that it is good to help gut problems like IBS-D so i ordered a bottle. Started taking 1 cap 4 times per day (hr before breakfast, hr before lunch, hr before dinner, just before bed). I increased that to 2 x caps each time and by the second day my stools were normal YAY! After about 4 days i noticed my mood was permanently fantastic! Things that would normally stress me out were not irritating or affecting me at all. I was totally amazed. Been taking these for 2 weeks now and my long term irritability has vanished and my stools are consistently formed. They say our gut is closely linked to our brain, this stuff proves it :) Will not be without it!

L-Glutamine

Posted by Reviewer2611052 on Nov 16, 2009

I was surprised with the product. It was recommended to me by a friend when i quit smoking. She told me it helps with the cravings for smoking and the sugar cravings i was experiencing. I was skeptical at first. Well, I starting taking it and gradually the cravings lessened. I am 6 weeks smoke/sugar free, haven't experienced the weight gain that most people do when they quit, especially since i did it cold turkey. Wonderful product, easy to take. I will be ordering again. I stopped taking it a week ago thinking i didn't need it anymore. Well, within a few days that sugar craving was out of control. I will not stop taking it again.

Gut lining repair

Posted by Reviewer2446165 on Jan 25, 2008

This was recommended to me by my nutritionist, to help repair my gut tissue from having candida. I have noticed dramatic improvement in bowel function, and the symptoms return when I stop. I'll never be without this, especially for the price and quality.

Good Product, Good Price

Posted by Reviewer2941789 on Dec 27, 2009

I am taking this product for my IBS-C. I have noticed much less stomach and intestinal discomfort. In recent studies, glutamine has been shown to help repair and maintain a healthy small intestinal lining.