muscle man

Posted by Reviewer2963287 on Feb 23, 2009

makes me more aware of my muscles

immune system and memory

Posted by Reviewer1601985 on Feb 24, 2011

helps boost energy and immune system

Not a pleasant experience with this one...

Posted by Rosiee on Jul 13, 2012

I don't want to scare anybody by posting this (your body might might not react in a similar way), but Here is what happened to me: After a pretty long period of time owning the product, but not using it, I decided to give it a try. I actually bought the product with the hope to increase my fitness level (muscle mass, endurance etc.). After what I read about it on the web(being the most abundant amino acid in the body and, a lot of people are deficient and many athletes see benefits from taking it) I was with high expectations about it. It was a nice detail, that in most articles I've read, they described it as safe to use, without side effects (when used in appropriate dosage) and very rare allergic reactions. After all, most of the protein foods have it (some more, that other of course) and the body needs it to survive. BUT, when I took JUST 1 CAPSULE of it with some yogurt and food, half an hour later I ended up with nervousness, "tightness" (unpleasant one) and high blood pressure. I had things to do this day, but I had to call them off, since I felt really unwell. I can't tell 100%, that it was from the l-glutamine, but it would be too much of a coincidence to be otherwise.  After 1 capsule, my experience with this product in a nutshell: It immobilized for 1 day and the whole bottle is basically useless to me.

Love this product

Posted by Reviewer2432818 on Aug 23, 2011

I have been using l-Gluitamine for quite awhile now and I find it really helps strengthen the bones.

I have no comparison

Posted by Reviewer1795354 on Nov 14, 2011

I took two before bed on days of work our and one on rest days. Muscle soreness seems to be less because of it, so I guess it works. Since this is my first experiment with l-glutamine in general, I have literally no frame of reference here. I enjoy capsules, so that's good I guess.

Something is working very well for my husband & me, and this is one of the supplements we take, so....

Posted by Minna2theMax on Jul 09, 2014

I bought this supplement after reading that taking 2g of L-Glutamine before bed has been proven to cause an increase in HGH. I haven't had my before-and-after HGH levels measured, but something my husband & I are doing has significantly increased our energy levels, mental clarity and immune responses (no sicknesses since we started our low-carb, high nutrient, no-sugar regime + selected supplements a few months ago), so this one seems to be doing its part. We both take 2g of it every night before bed -- that's the recommendation I've read.

L-Glutamine is helping my Crohns disease

Posted by Reviewer3201443 on Nov 08, 2014

I was diagnosed with Crohns in 2013. I've been on a hunt to find supplements to help with this disease. I have not taken any drugs. I checked out the Herbs and Supplements page on iherb under Links, looking for help. Regarding L-Glutamine, it states that "it appears to serve as a fuel for the cells that line the intestines". Also, there were two double blind trials using L-Glutamine; a total of 30 people enrolled in those trials without benefit. No mention of the mg's used. I decided to give it a try anyway. I'm half way through my first bottle of 1000 mg. I have only taken it once a day, first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. I am now finding that it works for me as far as having normal bowel movements. It hasn't curbed a lot of gut pain as yet; I hope it will in time. I have read reviews where more is taken throughout the day. I will begin to do that. I first, wanted to see if there was any improvement. I can say for a certainty, that there is! I hope this information will help others who suffer with this awful disease. It is worth a try.

great

Posted by 5593605904150784793 on Jan 02, 2014

L-Glutamine is highly effective on me but effect wear off after about 10 days. Really improve concentration 20 minutes after ingestion for about 1 -2 hours.

Fantstic product

Posted by Reviewer1859579 on Dec 18, 2012

Helps to heal the sensitive gut.

Gerd

Posted by LouLou on Mar 09, 2013

A naturopath told me this would fix my GERD, it hasnt but its good for muscle strength so I will probably use it up eventually.