L-Lysine for good skin

Posted by Reviewer2865758 on Jan 31, 2008

I like getting more mg. in a tablet, but then it becomes a little large to comfortably swallow. I wish they could compact it better. Lysine is essential for good skin and helps prevent "stress" breakouts.

Now L Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2814970 on Oct 19, 2010

This product has helped my husband with his enlarged prostate problem go figure!!!!

take when I eat nuts and to help absorb calcium

Posted by Reviewer1763978 on Sep 21, 2011

good to boost calcium uptake and take it to offset the high arginine levels by the way if you take or consume arginine or arginine containing foods in high doses you should balance with lysine if your predisposed to herpes especially arginine may be a trigger for herpes. Lysine will correct the imbalance. and help with outbreaks.

Antidote for arginine

Posted by Reviewer2732177 on Mar 28, 2012

I ordered this because I was taking a formula that included arginine, and I read that as arginine and lysine are taken up in competition, I should supplement with both. Sure enough, after about 6 weeks of only arginine, I was feeling pretty lousy. I took 1/2 a lysine and waited. No ill effects so took another half. Realised I wasn't feeling lousy anymore, then realised I was feeling pretty good. I'm energetic, happy and more motivated with lysine and arginine. (I take them 4 hours apart or on alternate days.)

good and reasonable price

Posted by garyofca on Jan 11, 2014

I gave it to my cat. work well so far.

Big pills, but great product

Posted by hollyhockfields on Apr 07, 2014

I'll start off by saying that you won't like this product if you have trouble swallowing large pills. However, the benefit of not getting reoccurring cold sores for me outweighs the slight daily discomfort of getting the pills down my throat! It took me probably a week to get used of the coating and size, but now I barely think about it. This product is well price, and great quality and I've been cold sore free for months now.

Good but hard to swallow

Posted by Reviewer3121686 on May 08, 2014

Lysine is amazing for skin and hair. It helps clear red spots on my face I would say 4 times faster than with nothing at all. Great for cold sores and canker sores also. However, this brand is very hard to swallow as it starts to melt the second it hits my tongue. I switched to Source Naturals lysine which works just as well and is very easy to swallow.

Immune Support

Posted by Reviewer1604997 on Nov 26, 2014

My physician suggested I try L-Lysine (an essential amino acid) as an immune booster. After researching the various products on iHerb, I chose the Now Foods brand as it is pharmaceutical grade and is free of common allergens (wheat, gluten, soy, corn, milk, egg). I also give L-Lysine powder to my cat.

Satisfied customer

Posted by Reviewer1197409 on Sep 26, 2011

Well priced for twice the strength - cheap delivery.

not bad