Good!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 24, 2013

I use this for cold sore prevention. Also helps heal much faster if I up the dose to 3-4000mg a day if I do get one.

Attention, big pill!

Posted by 5165859509872458036 on Jul 14, 2014

A great product! Acts, but there is one big BUT .. Tablets are very large, oval. Length of 2 cm, width 1 cm, must learn to swallow them :))) Next time I will take capsules!

L-Lysine for good skin

Posted by Reviewer2865758 on Jan 31, 2008

I like getting more mg. in a tablet, but then it becomes a little large to comfortably swallow. I wish they could compact it better. Lysine is essential for good skin and helps prevent "stress" breakouts.

take when I eat nuts and to help absorb calcium

Posted by Reviewer1763978 on Sep 21, 2011

good to boost calcium uptake and take it to offset the high arginine levels by the way if you take or consume arginine or arginine containing foods in high doses you should balance with lysine if your predisposed to herpes especially arginine may be a trigger for herpes. Lysine will correct the imbalance. and help with outbreaks.

Cheap and efficient but too big to swallow comfortably

Posted by Reviewer2478834 on Sep 29, 2007

The Linus Pauling treatment for heart disease includes 3~6 grams of l-lysine a day. I thought that taking these pills would be the most efficient way to take that much. However I found them too big to swallow comfortably. The fact that they are tablets with sharp edges (rather than round capsules) only made taking them more difficult. After nearly choking on one, I decided there was no point in endangering my life in order to improve my health. It's a shame but I'll probably have to switch to taking 6 of the 500 mg ones. FYI I'm a 5'9" man so it's not a question of my having an abnormally small throat. On the other hand, it is possible that other people who are better at swallowing things might not have this problem with them.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3099908 on Jul 26, 2009

Using it to reduce and prevent herpes attacks. It ended a very long cycle of outbreaks within a week. Been as good as gold ever since.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1035223 on Jun 04, 2010

This product is a great value...I take it after my work-outs as part of my recovery protocal.

Fantastic for cold sores

Posted by Reviewer1091251 on Aug 12, 2011

This shipment came just in time. My Son developed a large coldsore and within 1/2 an hour of taking Now Foods' lysine, the pain was gone and a couple of hours later the coldsore had visibly shrunken and was on the mend.

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2842299 on Oct 03, 2011

I keep L-Lysine on hand to help prevent cold sore outbreaks. If I take lysine as soon as I feel an outbreak coming, it will usually stop it. This is a must have item for me to keep on hand.

Great for mouth ulcers

Posted by Reviewer2035978 on Jun 28, 2010

I bought these as I have been suffering with mouth ulcers recently and after only a few days of taking these the ulcers went away which was great. I have also improved my diet and am taking spirulina but the l-lysine I think have worked better than anything.