Good for Feline Herpes

Posted by Reviewer2275759 on May 23, 2008

In catterys there are often feline herpes among the animals, and here L-Lysine can help. 500 mg twice a day for an adult cat and 250 mg twice a day fo kittens :)

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2457770 on Jan 06, 2011

When I get cold sores they just never end. I take Lysine religiously and it keeps the cold sores away. I've tried other brands before but this one is potent and does the job. Quality product.

Antidote for arginine

Posted by Reviewer2732177 on Mar 28, 2012

I ordered this because I was taking a formula that included arginine, and I read that as arginine and lysine are taken up in competition, I should supplement with both. Sure enough, after about 6 weeks of only arginine, I was feeling pretty lousy. I took 1/2 a lysine and waited. No ill effects so took another half. Realised I wasn't feeling lousy anymore, then realised I was feeling pretty good. I'm energetic, happy and more motivated with lysine and arginine. (I take them 4 hours apart or on alternate days.)

Cheap and efficient but too big to swallow comfortably

Posted by Reviewer2478834 on Sep 29, 2007

The Linus Pauling treatment for heart disease includes 3~6 grams of l-lysine a day. I thought that taking these pills would be the most efficient way to take that much. However I found them too big to swallow comfortably. The fact that they are tablets with sharp edges (rather than round capsules) only made taking them more difficult. After nearly choking on one, I decided there was no point in endangering my life in order to improve my health. It's a shame but I'll probably have to switch to taking 6 of the 500 mg ones. FYI I'm a 5'9" man so it's not a question of my having an abnormally small throat. On the other hand, it is possible that other people who are better at swallowing things might not have this problem with them.

Good!

Posted by AnnaLL on Apr 24, 2013

I use this for cold sore prevention. Also helps heal much faster if I up the dose to 3-4000mg a day if I do get one.

L-Lysine for good skin

Posted by Reviewer2865758 on Jan 31, 2008

I like getting more mg. in a tablet, but then it becomes a little large to comfortably swallow. I wish they could compact it better. Lysine is essential for good skin and helps prevent "stress" breakouts.

Now L Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2814970 on Oct 19, 2010

This product has helped my husband with his enlarged prostate problem go figure!!!!

Didn't help me

Posted by Reviewer2648926 on Feb 02, 2011

The pills are quite large, but thanks to the coat they're still easy to get down. However, they didn't prevent cold sore outbreaks at all.

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2842299 on Oct 03, 2011

I keep L-Lysine on hand to help prevent cold sore outbreaks. If I take lysine as soon as I feel an outbreak coming, it will usually stop it. This is a must have item for me to keep on hand.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3099908 on Jul 26, 2009

Using it to reduce and prevent herpes attacks. It ended a very long cycle of outbreaks within a week. Been as good as gold ever since.