Now L Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2814970 on Oct 19, 2010

This product has helped my husband with his enlarged prostate problem go figure!!!!

Antidote for arginine

Posted by Reviewer2732177 on Mar 28, 2012

I ordered this because I was taking a formula that included arginine, and I read that as arginine and lysine are taken up in competition, I should supplement with both. Sure enough, after about 6 weeks of only arginine, I was feeling pretty lousy. I took 1/2 a lysine and waited. No ill effects so took another half. Realised I wasn't feeling lousy anymore, then realised I was feeling pretty good. I'm energetic, happy and more motivated with lysine and arginine. (I take them 4 hours apart or on alternate days.)

Didn't help me

Posted by Reviewer2648926 on Feb 02, 2011

The pills are quite large, but thanks to the coat they're still easy to get down. However, they didn't prevent cold sore outbreaks at all.

Immune Boost! A staple in our cabinet

Posted by divelanai on Apr 08, 2010

ALWAYS keep this on hand. Feel a cold coming on...up the dose. Take with C. Love it. Now brands are great.

lysine works!

Posted by Reviewer1606492 on Dec 12, 2011

I have not had hardly any cold sores since taking this product faithfully.... so exciting!

Now Foods, Lysine,1,000 mg,100 Tablets

Posted by Reviewer2012276 on Mar 25, 2008

Great addition to the diet keeping virus's in check. Great Price!

Just what I need

Posted by rosavader on Jul 04, 2008

I am a big fan of Now Foods products, and this one is no exception. My favorite thing about it is that it only contains L-Lysine and not other nutrients that are probably covered by my multivitamin.

It is an essential amino acid for humans in very good quality.

Posted by 5750552476981955573 on Sep 19, 2014

Lysine (abbreviated as Lys or K)[1] is an α-amino acid with the chemical formula HO2CCH(NH2)(CH2)4NH2. Lysine's codons are AAA and AAG. Lysine is a base, as are arginine and histidine. The ε-amino group often participates in hydrogen bonding and as a general base in catalysis. (The ε-amino group (NH3+) is attached to the fifth carbon beginning from the α-carbon, which is attached to the carboxyl (C=OOH) group.[2]) Common posttranslational modifications include methylation of the ε-amino group, giving methyl-, dimethyl-, and trimethyllysine. The latter occurs in calmodulin. Other posttranslational modifications at lysine residues include acetylation, sumoylation, and ubiquitination. Collagen contains hydroxylysine, which is derived from lysine by lysyl hydroxylase. O-Glycosylation of hydroxylysine residues in the endoplasmic reticulum or Golgi apparatus is used to mark certain proteins for secretion from the cell. This product help me with herpes zoster.

Good to my cat

Posted by SHL-FiveSevenTwo on Jul 02, 2014

I bought it for my cat. It helps and my cat feels better after using half bottle. Please also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb.

GREAT!!!!!

Posted by 5495069641474287848 on Sep 22, 2015

We always have a bottle of this at home!!!!! My husband treats his lips herpes only with this product. it takes it for a day and the herpes stops annoying him, by the second day it is totally cured.