Fantastic for cold sores

Posted by Reviewer1091251 on Aug 12, 2011

This shipment came just in time. My Son developed a large coldsore and within 1/2 an hour of taking Now Foods' lysine, the pain was gone and a couple of hours later the coldsore had visibly shrunken and was on the mend.

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer2842299 on Oct 03, 2011

I keep L-Lysine on hand to help prevent cold sore outbreaks. If I take lysine as soon as I feel an outbreak coming, it will usually stop it. This is a must have item for me to keep on hand.

Great value

Posted by Reviewer1035223 on Jun 04, 2010

This product is a great value...I take it after my work-outs as part of my recovery protocal.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3099908 on Jul 26, 2009

Using it to reduce and prevent herpes attacks. It ended a very long cycle of outbreaks within a week. Been as good as gold ever since.

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer1924631 on Apr 03, 2008

Tablets are large & need to cut in half. Will go back to 500 mg capsules for easier ingestion. Take this product to fend off cold sores and so forth. Works well.

Just what I need

Posted by rosavader on Jul 04, 2008

I am a big fan of Now Foods products, and this one is no exception. My favorite thing about it is that it only contains L-Lysine and not other nutrients that are probably covered by my multivitamin.

Now Foods, Lysine,1,000 mg,100 Tablets

Posted by Reviewer2012276 on Mar 25, 2008

Great addition to the diet keeping virus's in check. Great Price!

lysine works!

Posted by Reviewer1606492 on Dec 12, 2011

I have not had hardly any cold sores since taking this product faithfully.... so exciting!

Dont waste your money! Pills are utterly huge and untakeable.

Posted by Reviewer1620513 on May 08, 2013

I can take most pills but these are the worst. After a nasty bout of fever blisters I decided to start on Lysine but wasted my money here. The pills are large in size (length ways) but probably the thickest (depth) pills I have ever taken (I take roughly 20 pills and supplements a day for a variety of conditions). They are so large it is almost impossible to cut them and if you do, they are still too thick to swallow when cut in 1/2. When cut roughly into quarters, I still struggle to get them swallowed as they are very angular as well. Definitely the worse pill I have come across. Out they went!

It is an essential amino acid for humans in very good quality.

Posted by 5750552476981955573 on Sep 19, 2014

Lysine (abbreviated as Lys or K)[1] is an α-amino acid with the chemical formula HO2CCH(NH2)(CH2)4NH2. Lysine's codons are AAA and AAG. Lysine is a base, as are arginine and histidine. The ε-amino group often participates in hydrogen bonding and as a general base in catalysis. (The ε-amino group (NH3+) is attached to the fifth carbon beginning from the α-carbon, which is attached to the carboxyl (C=OOH) group.[2]) Common posttranslational modifications include methylation of the ε-amino group, giving methyl-, dimethyl-, and trimethyllysine. The latter occurs in calmodulin. Other posttranslational modifications at lysine residues include acetylation, sumoylation, and ubiquitination. Collagen contains hydroxylysine, which is derived from lysine by lysyl hydroxylase. O-Glycosylation of hydroxylysine residues in the endoplasmic reticulum or Golgi apparatus is used to mark certain proteins for secretion from the cell. This product help me with herpes zoster.