Now Foods, L-Lysine, 1,000 mg, 100 Tablets

L-Lysine for good skin

Posted by Reviewer2865758 on Jan 31, 2008

I like getting more mg. in a tablet, but then it becomes a little large to comfortably swallow. I wish they could compact it better. Lysine is essential for good skin and helps prevent "stress" breakouts.

Cheap and efficient but too big to swallow comfortably

Posted by Reviewer2478834 on Sep 29, 2007

The Linus Pauling treatment for heart disease includes 3~6 grams of l-lysine a day. I thought that taking these pills would be the most efficient way to take that much. However I found them too big to swallow comfortably. The fact that they are tablets with sharp edges (rather than round capsules) only made taking them more difficult. After nearly choking on one, I decided there was no point in endangering my life in order to improve my health. It's a shame but I'll probably have to switch to taking 6 of the 500 mg ones. FYI I'm a 5'9" man so it's not a question of my having an abnormally small throat. On the other hand, it is possible that other people who are better at swallowing things might not have this problem with them.

Excellent product

Posted by Reviewer3099908 on Jul 26, 2009

Using it to reduce and prevent herpes attacks. It ended a very long cycle of outbreaks within a week. Been as good as gold ever since.

Great for mouth ulcers

Posted by Reviewer2035978 on Jun 28, 2010

I bought these as I have been suffering with mouth ulcers recently and after only a few days of taking these the ulcers went away which was great. I have also improved my diet and am taking spirulina but the l-lysine I think have worked better than anything.

Fantastic for cold sores

Posted by Reviewer1091251 on Aug 12, 2011

This shipment came just in time. My Son developed a large coldsore and within 1/2 an hour of taking Now Foods' lysine, the pain was gone and a couple of hours later the coldsore had visibly shrunken and was on the mend.