Help with Cold sores

Posted by Reviewer2100590 on Apr 22, 2010

L-Lysine works for cold sores.

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer1924631 on Apr 03, 2008

Tablets are large & need to cut in half. Will go back to 500 mg capsules for easier ingestion. Take this product to fend off cold sores and so forth. Works well.

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer1331299 on Nov 17, 2008

As Always, iherb offers the highest quality products at the most reasonable price.

Lysine is a miracle cure.

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Aug 01, 2015

After I got influenza a few years back I got the worst cold sore outbreak I've ever had. I was a mess. A doctor prescribed me an antiviral. Later another doctor who I was having drinks with (and not on the clock) confirmed that the prescription antivirals aren't really very helpful. I've never had any luck with them anyways. She told me to take large doses of lysine (5000 mg a day) each day if I feel an outbreak starting and it should nip it in the bud. I had nothing to lose and lysine is super cheap.This is the best and only cold sore cure out there. It really, really works. I am a convert. I have bottles of lysine everywhere I go frequently, so I am never surprised and miss a chance. I have one when I travel, one at work, one at home, and one at my parents' house for when I visit. ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

Good to my cat

Posted by SHL-FiveSevenTwo on Jul 02, 2014

I bought it for my cat. It helps and my cat feels better after using half bottle. Please also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb.

Great with cold sores

Posted by Reviewer1248241 on Jan 10, 2011

If I use this at the first sign of a cold sore, I can avoid it from "blowing up". Also helps with muscle fatigue/strain from hard running.

No more cold sores

Posted by 5435026103089698477 on Feb 20, 2014

I take this daily but prefer the capsules and I have been able to avoid getting cold sores

Great value

Posted by johned on Nov 12, 2014

Great value. Pills a little big if you find it hard to swallow. Excellent product overall.

Dont waste your money! Pills are utterly huge and untakeable.

Posted by Reviewer1620513 on May 08, 2013

I can take most pills but these are the worst. After a nasty bout of fever blisters I decided to start on Lysine but wasted my money here. The pills are large in size (length ways) but probably the thickest (depth) pills I have ever taken (I take roughly 20 pills and supplements a day for a variety of conditions). They are so large it is almost impossible to cut them and if you do, they are still too thick to swallow when cut in 1/2. When cut roughly into quarters, I still struggle to get them swallowed as they are very angular as well. Definitely the worse pill I have come across. Out they went!

THIS PRODUCT IS EXCELLENT!

Posted by 5718318398087112993 on Jan 07, 2014