Just what I need

Posted by rosavader on Jul 04, 2008

I am a big fan of Now Foods products, and this one is no exception. My favorite thing about it is that it only contains L-Lysine and not other nutrients that are probably covered by my multivitamin.

Great value

Posted by johned on Nov 12, 2014

Great value. Pills a little big if you find it hard to swallow. Excellent product overall.

It is an essential amino acid for humans in very good quality.

Posted by 5750552476981955573 on Sep 19, 2014

Lysine (abbreviated as Lys or K)[1] is an α-amino acid with the chemical formula HO2CCH(NH2)(CH2)4NH2. Lysine's codons are AAA and AAG. Lysine is a base, as are arginine and histidine. The ε-amino group often participates in hydrogen bonding and as a general base in catalysis. (The ε-amino group (NH3+) is attached to the fifth carbon beginning from the α-carbon, which is attached to the carboxyl (C=OOH) group.[2]) Common posttranslational modifications include methylation of the ε-amino group, giving methyl-, dimethyl-, and trimethyllysine. The latter occurs in calmodulin. Other posttranslational modifications at lysine residues include acetylation, sumoylation, and ubiquitination. Collagen contains hydroxylysine, which is derived from lysine by lysyl hydroxylase. O-Glycosylation of hydroxylysine residues in the endoplasmic reticulum or Golgi apparatus is used to mark certain proteins for secretion from the cell. This product help me with herpes zoster.

No more cold sores

Posted by 5435026103089698477 on Feb 20, 2014

I take this daily but prefer the capsules and I have been able to avoid getting cold sores

Good but hard to swallow

Posted by Reviewer3121686 on May 08, 2014

Lysine is amazing for skin and hair. It helps clear red spots on my face I would say 4 times faster than with nothing at all. Great for cold sores and canker sores also. However, this brand is very hard to swallow as it starts to melt the second it hits my tongue. I switched to Source Naturals lysine which works just as well and is very easy to swallow.

Good product

Posted by 5025952739281696258 on Oct 19, 2016

Very good for skin and.. energy I think, I once took it before I went to bed and woke up with incredible energy (having only slep for 5hours) the next day. My skin is also remarkably more clear

Help with Cold sores

Posted by Reviewer2100590 on Apr 22, 2010

L-Lysine works for cold sores.

Good to my cat

Posted by SHL-FiveSevenTwo on Jul 02, 2014

I bought it for my cat. It helps and my cat feels better after using half bottle. Please also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb.

Lysine is a miracle cure.

Posted by MGG-ThreeTwoFour on Aug 01, 2015

After I got influenza a few years back I got the worst cold sore outbreak I've ever had. I was a mess. A doctor prescribed me an antiviral. Later another doctor who I was having drinks with (and not on the clock) confirmed that the prescription antivirals aren't really very helpful. I've never had any luck with them anyways. She told me to take large doses of lysine (5000 mg a day) each day if I feel an outbreak starting and it should nip it in the bud. I had nothing to lose and lysine is super cheap.This is the best and only cold sore cure out there. It really, really works. I am a convert. I have bottles of lysine everywhere I go frequently, so I am never surprised and miss a chance. I have one when I travel, one at work, one at home, and one at my parents' house for when I visit. ** For new customers of iHerb, please also visit my page for more product reviews **

L-Lysine

Posted by Reviewer1331299 on Nov 17, 2008

As Always, iherb offers the highest quality products at the most reasonable price.