Good product at a great price - to keep humans' and cats' herpes at bay!

Posted by Reviewer2944616 on Mar 23, 2014

Got this at first for my cats. Ended up using it myself. Instead of swallowing too many pills, I put a heaping tablespoon of this into my smoothie (with whey protein, bananas + other fruits, wheat bran, and rice milk). That way I don't taste it, and it absorbs fast and well. Otherwise it's kind of salty. I make a huge (double) portion and drink it over the course of 3-4 hrs (during & post work outs, and/or on my rest days as a meal-to-go). It holds up well, because I freeze the bananas and use frozen fruit. A tablespoon of L-Lysine = 3 teaspoons = (4 x 500 mgs in each teaspoon) x 3 = 6,000+ mgs of L-Lysine! It's a high dose, but that's what works for me to keep herpes outbreaks at bay. However, I still occasionally break out, particularly when stressed or tired and especially if I don't get enough sleep. So I do my best to avoid all that. I also have recently tried Liquid Silver at the very onset of an outbreak & it killed it so fast I couldn't believe it! I used Silver Biotics brand with 10ppm Silver and after more research reordered it. Still need to see what happens longer term. Will update later.

Huge bottle, better find someone to share it with you.

Posted by 5018737560124909840 on Mar 25, 2014

I buy this product for my cats. This L-Lysine powder is so big, I think 4 cats will take 2 years to finish this bottle. I may try to start taking it myself later.

Great for our cat, great for me!

Posted by Reviewer1523883 on Jun 01, 2011

We add this to our cat's canned food as he is FIV positive and I recently added it to my juice. Has no taste or grittiness. It's a wonderful product.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1334425 on Jul 09, 2011

It is for my cats' nutritional supplements cause they suffer the dental problem. It is really helpful to me; moreover, it is a real bargain at such price.

Cat loves the taste!

Posted by 4717274885494669592 on Mar 06, 2015

For you cat owners: my cat has used other brand "cat specific" powders. He would eat his canned cat food with them mixed in. But he's always been a slow, picky eater. But he LOVES the taste of the Now Foods L-Lysine. I sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon on about 2 tablespoons of his canned cat food, and he gobbles it right down! Then I give him the rest of the can. So Bubba has given the taste of Now his "Bubba Seal Of Approval". :)