Now Foods, L-Lysine, Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

Great! Use it For My Cat

Posted by Zenzie on May 02, 2015

Tried this along with Lactoferrin by Jarrow, have been giving it to my cat. He was diagnosed with feline herpes virus. The vet injected him two different times with shots and even though he acted better right away, it only lasted a few days before he started declining again. I read in a forum that Lysine and Lactoferrin was a good combo for this type of feline illness. Ordered both from iHerb and then mix it into my cat's food (canned food) with a little water, made it a little soupy, twice a day (1/8 teaspoon Lysine & 1/2 capsule Lactoferrin) and within a few days he started acting better. By the end of the week he was so full of life, it was like he went back into kittenhood. It's been 4 or 5 months already and he's doing great. I cut back the amount to only once a day. When he starts acting a little tired, or I catch him sneezing that's when I know the virus is trying to come back... so I'll do an extra dose for a day or two and it goes away. Very happy with this product.

great for cats in rescue

Posted by Reviewer2998397 on Apr 25, 2011

This is great for reducing chances of eye issues or uri in cats - especially if you are fostering multiple cats. Great value.

Recommended

Posted by Reviewer2073953 on Mar 05, 2011

When I added L-lysine to the powder mix I was using (Vitamin C, L-proline, MSM), I found that it increased the effectiveness of this combo in improving my immune system. Really a great combo that produces amazing results. And, because iherb provides them all in powder form, it greatly increases their effectiveness. It seems that when you are dealing with chronic illness, it is very difficult to get the quantity of these crucial vitamins that is required to overcome the problem unless you go to a powder form.

Great for our cat, great for me!

Posted by Reviewer1523883 on Jun 01, 2011

We add this to our cat's canned food as he is FIV positive and I recently added it to my juice. Has no taste or grittiness. It's a wonderful product.

Good Products

Posted by Reviewer1269582 on Jun 22, 2011

I bought it for my cat,it is very effective.