Now Foods, L-Lysine, Powder, 1 lb (454 g)

Great! Use it For My Cat

Posted by Zenzie on May 02, 2015

Tried this along with Lactoferrin by Jarrow, have been giving it to my cat. He was diagnosed with feline herpes virus. The vet injected him two different times with shots and even though he acted better right away, it only lasted a few days before he started declining again. I read in a forum that Lysine and Lactoferrin was a good combo for this type of feline illness. Ordered both from iHerb and then mix it into my cat's food (canned food) with a little water, made it a little soupy, twice a day (1/8 teaspoon Lysine & 1/2 capsule Lactoferrin) and within a few days he started acting better. By the end of the week he was so full of life, it was like he went back into kittenhood. It's been 4 or 5 months already and he's doing great. I cut back the amount to only once a day. When he starts acting a little tired, or I catch him sneezing that's when I know the virus is trying to come back... so I'll do an extra dose for a day or two and it goes away. Very happy with this product.

Great for our cat, great for me!

Posted by Reviewer1523883 on Jun 01, 2011

We add this to our cat's canned food as he is FIV positive and I recently added it to my juice. Has no taste or grittiness. It's a wonderful product.

Good

Posted by Reviewer1334425 on Jul 09, 2011

It is for my cats' nutritional supplements cause they suffer the dental problem. It is really helpful to me; moreover, it is a real bargain at such price.

Cat loves the taste!

Posted by 4717274885494669592 on Mar 06, 2015

For you cat owners: my cat has used other brand "cat specific" powders. He would eat his canned cat food with them mixed in. But he's always been a slow, picky eater. But he LOVES the taste of the Now Foods L-Lysine. I sprinkle a 1/4 teaspoon on about 2 tablespoons of his canned cat food, and he gobbles it right down! Then I give him the rest of the can. So Bubba has given the taste of Now his "Bubba Seal Of Approval". :)

For Both People and their Cats

Posted by Reviewer1193267 on Dec 19, 2009

My elderly cat has eye problems and our veterinarian told me to buy L-Lysine powder to add to her wet food. I found an excellent product from NOW Foods - very pure "pharmaceutical grade" L-Lysine powder. Because this was the only product I needed, the shipping cost nearly doubled the price, but the powder itself was reasonably priced and next time I will order more products.