Relax, Refresh, Revive ► A Superb Quality L-Theanine Product !

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 28, 2013

L-Theanine is a relaxing but non-sedating amino acid. This product by Now Foods featuring Suntheanine which is an award-winning patented brand of L-Theanine from Japan. I like this great product a lot. It’s like yoga in a bottle because it helps to bring me back into balance with my nervous systems. Unlike other stress reducing supplements, Suntheanine does not cause drowsiness. Suntheanine brings a state of clarity into my day which can help me make better life decisions. I highly recommend this high quality product. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. I hope you'll find my review Helpful to you. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Best product against insomnia

Posted by Reviewer1728405 on Apr 12, 2009

This is the best natural product against insomnia I've ever had. I wake up a bit sleepy, but that effect disappears after taking a shower. The relaxing effect works through the day after: it makes the mind less messy, more focused. Definitely a keeper.

awesome dreams

Posted by Reviewer1503047 on Aug 05, 2011

I take this about 1-1/2 hours before bed. I'm still having trouble with initial insomnia but once I get to sleep, man, is it a good sleep! I have great dreams, not creepy ones like on melatonin. A pretty calming product, will buy again. Shipping superfast and perfect as always.

Be careful - some negative side effects

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Jun 09, 2011

I liked this product at first and how relaxed I felt, but I had increased thoughts of voilence and suicide. I stopped taking it and now I'm back to normal. It works the same way that anti-anxieties work, and many of those medications can increase thoughts of suicide. Also, be careful if you take epilepsy medication as it can interfere with that. I started having more petite maul seizures. Plus I had a hard time remembering things. I've decided to stick with my Blue Vervain for now. I'm sure this can work on others, but I highly recommend that you stop taking it if you have any of the above symptoms that I experienced :/

An excellent natural calming supplement

Posted by Reviewer2366534 on Mar 09, 2008

My wife and I both find l-theanine to be an excellent way of calming ourselves when we are feeling a bit 'frazzled'. It is particularly useful if you have drunk too much coffee, and have the caffeine jitters. It is not a sedative, but just calms and adds a certain serenity. We love it. Value for money is second to none.

NOW Foods L-Theanine w/ decaf green tea

Posted by Reviewer2558795 on Feb 19, 2008

Great stuff to take about an hour before bedtime. Unfrazzles the nerves so one can relax into sleep easier.

Great Natural Sleep Aid!

Posted by mehmetgok on Nov 02, 2013

L-Theanine is a unique amino acid almost exclusively found in tea plants. Clinical studies have demonstrated that L-Theanine reduces stress, improves the quality of sleep, diminishes the symptoms of pre-menstrual syndrome, heightens mental acuity and reduces the negative side effects of caffeine. 100-200mg. L-Theanine doesn't act as a sedative, but significantly improve sleep quality. At higher doses like 600mg. L-Theanine does exert a sedative effect. In my experience, L-Theanine greatly improved my sleep quality. I take 100mg. half an hour before bed and sleep much more deeply. I can now remember my dreams much more vividly which is a sure sign of deeper sleep. If you are having any metabolic disorders or sleep issues I highly recommend L-Theanine. It is critical to fix your sleep in order to recover from metabolic disorders. You cannot fight circadian rhythms. It works synergetically with melatonin too. I take 2 tablespoons of Tart Cherry Extract for melatonin.

Great for anxiety...check for time to take

Posted by Reviewer2395925 on May 02, 2009

Both this upon several friends recommendations. Had been taking l-tyrosine and really liked it also. With the l-theanine I find that you have to decide what time is better in the day to take it. I was first taking it in the morning and it left me too letargic..probably overrelaxed which is great for the wknds but not so great when you have kids to teach. I found that taking it at night(several hours before I went to bed) has been what works for me so that I am feeling relaxed yet not tired. Great to take the edge off your mood and level off anxiety. Great suplement!

It Helps, Excellent

Posted by alvinlky on Oct 05, 2013

It works and help relieves my anxiety.

Seems to have an effect

Posted by Reviewer1173495 on Apr 20, 2010

For the first days 1 capsule made me drowsy. After that I seem to have gotten used to it. I think that it may actually make me a bit more mellow, a little less stressed. I take 1 about an hour before bedtime.