Be careful - some negative side effects

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on Jun 09, 2011

I liked this product at first and how relaxed I felt, but I had increased thoughts of voilence and suicide. I stopped taking it and now I'm back to normal. It works the same way that anti-anxieties work, and many of those medications can increase thoughts of suicide. Also, be careful if you take epilepsy medication as it can interfere with that. I started having more petite maul seizures. Plus I had a hard time remembering things. I've decided to stick with my Blue Vervain for now. I'm sure this can work on others, but I highly recommend that you stop taking it if you have any of the above symptoms that I experienced :/

Now Foods L-Theanine 100mg.

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I usually take another brands 200mg, Jarrow and those are hardly noticeable, so Now Foods 100mg is not noticed by me. but it might work. Only concern is the general lack of details on Now's labels. This is especially troublesome on their Vitamin K, because: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy.

Works great - for a while

Posted by Reviewer2843403 on Jul 07, 2011

I began taking this to reduce my "twitching" that happens as I go to sleep. It's not like restless leg but seems to compound when I get too much caffeine. This helped for about a month. Then I started to wake up more! I have since quit and the first night off was BAD. Second night seemed back to normal. I will stick with during the day or occasionally at night.

Dr. CB

Posted by Reviewer1171593 on Feb 05, 2008

We have been using this product for several weeks and have not been able to fully evaulate it. so gar it seems to be helping.

don't know yet

Posted by Reviewer1878537 on Feb 10, 2011

I'm undecided abt this product. I'm sure it works wonders on those who react well to suntheanine, but I don't know what to say. It makes me calm, but sort of dizzy and sometimes, I have headaches. What I do though, I open one capsule and take just a bit of its content and this way its effects are milder and better for me.

relaxing

Posted by Reviewer2577006 on Feb 04, 2008

Gives a relaxing, good feeling, but is no great sleep aid.

Not bad for the trial price

Posted by pickier-than-thou on Dec 13, 2013

I could do without the green tea.

Now Foods, L-Theanine, 100 mg

Posted by 5534838015538067200 on Dec 14, 2013

it's ok

ok

Posted by 4718683159162981841 on Dec 31, 2013

better than another kind of L-theanine i tried (not causing headache). not sure the effect is that noticeable though.

tête dans le coton...

Posted by 5642669623750147317 on Jan 29, 2014

Je ne semble pas bien réagir à ce produit : il me donne des sensations de vertige, l'impression de planer ou d'avoir bu de l'alcool... et ce, même avec une seule gélule. J'en prends quand même de temps en temps, une seule gélule le soir quand je sens venir les insomnies, mais je regrette de ne pas pouvoir l'utiliser dans la journée lors de situations stressantes.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »