Great product

Posted by NBPT100 on Apr 16, 2013

There are already over 100 good reviews so I won't repeat the frequently stated benefits. This is a great thing to try before trying an over the counter sleep drug or a prescription drug. I will say that this is an amino acid and to be most effective you should take on an empty stomach. I have seen some say they take it at dinner time and this will not be as effective. This may have been the problem with the few reviewers who said it did not work at all. As for the one or two that had a stomach issue while taking it, they could try taking it with more water. If you found this review helpful, kindly visit my iHerb home page by clicking on my handle name above. There you can read my other value added reviews. Peace and good health.

What a Godsend!

Posted by Reviewer2359777 on Mar 14, 2008

I saw on TV that Theanine was being tested with Children with ADHD. (Although I recommend TwinLab and just 100 mg for kids. This brand may be ok but maybe the other one without caffeine not sure of mg's on it.) I have ADD and so does my daughter. I love this stuff for me. Way better than any anti-depressant or anxiety in my case that I have ever taken!! We don't get so anxious anymore. We are calm. I think the world should be on Theanine. I have tried other brands and I like this the best. I kind of gives me a little extra energy too. The best part is -NO SIDE EFFECTS that I have found! My mother and mother in law love it too!

No More Jaw Aches

Posted by Reviewer2953846 on Jan 01, 2008

I kept waking up with jaw aches and my dentist said I was clinching so hard in my sleep that my teeth were moving. 400 mg of L-Theanine before bed and no more pain!

A life-saver

Posted by Reviewer2626682 on Jan 01, 2008

After trying almost every anti-depressant known to man and always having to stop due to side-effects zapping too much energy from me, a therapist recommended I try this and it's made all the difference! This medicine makes calms me down and keeps me in a decent mood with no side effects/drowsiness. An added bonus is it appears to make me lose weight too!

L-Theanine is great for stress

Posted by Reviewer3306584 on Nov 24, 2007

This little amino acid works wonders for me. It's a subtle feeling that you might overlook but eventually you realize you are calm and focused -- the stress has melted away. I buy NOW Foods because they are a brand I can trust. GMP certified using the known-to-be-pure Suntheanine. A winner.

AT EASE

Posted by Reviewer3164401 on Jan 04, 2008

L-THEANINE HAS BEEN ONE OF THE BEST PRODUCTS I HAVE EVERY TAKEN. I SUFFER FROM SAD AND HAVE BEEN ON A LOW DOSE OF LEXAPRO FOR THREE YEARS. I STARTED TAKING L-THEANINE TWO MONTHS AGO AND FELT A CHANGE ALMOST IMMEDIATELY. WITH MY DOCTORS ADVICE I SLOWLY CUT BACK THE LEXAPRO FOR TWO WEEKS UNTIL I WAS ONLY ON THE L-THEANINE. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I TAKE ONE 200 MG VCAP TWICE A DAY AND I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER THAN WITH THE LEXAPRO. I HAVE A NATURAL SINCE OF CALM NOW, NO LONGER GRUMPY AND THE OVERCAST RAINY DAYS DON'T DEPRESS ME ANYMORE. AT EASE!

L-theanine

Posted by Reviewer2321293 on Jan 02, 2009

L-theanine has worked wonders for our daughter who tends to stress and short circuits easily. It seems like she is able to take a breath and compose herself in situations that would in the past put her over the edge.

It works

Posted by Reviewer1240503 on Jun 02, 2009

If you are taking Xanax for anxiety and don't think you need that kind of downer feeling, try the Theanine.

Stop hesitating and just get the stuff.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Mar 15, 2010

Good, good, good, good, good stuff. I have horrendous anxiety and focus issues during that fun time of the month. This has been saving me! I find it most helpful to open a capsule and dump the contents into a cup of hot, calming tea and within 20 minutes, I'm not only calmer, but able to actually focus enough to work. I will never let my cabinet run out of this stuff!

Great for Alzheimer's Too

Posted by Reviewer2955621 on Apr 03, 2008

This is not stress related but my husband of 48 years has Alzheimer’s disease. After the doctors found out he was allergic to their medicines they have for that, they stopped doing anything for him, except giving him medicine to control blood pressure. I also do that with supplements. He has no prescription medicines now. Since they couldn’t or wouldn’t help him with the Alzheimer’s, I went looking for natural supplements. He takes L-Theanine along with other supplements and altogether has slowed this down a lot. I highly recommend this product. I’m also thankful to have this website to shop for the supplements that I need. I can’t leave him alone long enough to go shopping and have time to read labels, and decide which is best for him. I can do that here at IHerb, get a great bargain and since they ship right away, it’s all very convenient. *NOTE* As I always say, you should take any vitamins for no more then 5 days a week, with 2 days off to let the body rest.