L-theanine

Posted by Reviewer1285928 on Nov 02, 2007

very good product, high quality, does just what I expected it to do. It really helps with stress and anxiety.

Effective in its own way

Posted by 5738304388615102739 on Jun 18, 2013

The only reason I will give this 5 stars is that it does have a calming effect where it makes you less edgy or anxious. It's not a solution for my anxiety, but it does make me sleep better. As for the brand, Now Foods are always trust worthy. For Canadians concerned for the delivery time, it took 2 weeks (10 business days) to arrive in the GTA where I live (Toronto).

helps me to relax and focus

Posted by Reviewer1564626 on Dec 27, 2009

This was recommended to me by my personal trainer who has over 14 years experience working with all types of people. She and her husband both take this and love it. I have difficulty sleeping and have been taking Xanax to help me sleep for several years. Even at a small dose, I want to get off of it. She recommended this to help relax. It has helped. I have been able to cut my xanax dose in half and plan to completely stop it over time. I take two of these about 30 minutes before bed and do find that it helps. I have taken one during the day when I need to multitask and stay focused and it helps tremendously. Definitely worth a try. No grogginess in the morning or hangover feeling. I have recommended to my friends and family also to help with stress and mental focus.

I will order this again

Posted by 5329085769764326586 on Nov 11, 2013

A good quality supplement in a therapeutic dose.

L-Theanine

Posted by Reviewer1972298 on Dec 31, 2015

Have been using for 3 weeks and there is a noticeable difference in my mood disorder. No more swings. Previously cloudy days meant automatic depression. Adding this amino acid to my system has helped me feel more calm. Am getting through the day without fear and anxiety. I plan to make this product a regular part of my daily vitamin and supplement routine. Thank you for carrying it at a reasonable price.

Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength

Posted by Reviewer2010799 on May 23, 2011

Have been using this product since mid February and it is supposed to calm a person down of which I feel it has definitely helped me calm down and I believe it is helping me sleep better. My pharmacist put me on two capsules at dinnertime and 1 an hour before bed. She also has me on the Metagenics serenagen, four per day of which I believe that this is helping me with reducing anxiety, hot flushes and all the menopause related stuff. Definitely see your pharmacist before you jump in and start taking stuff that other people write a review on because overall each of our situations are different. I am taking other vitamins and meds for menopause besides what I've rated.

wow - surprised at how effective

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on May 27, 2011

I decided to try this out to help me with my social anxiety. I worked really well, but it is way to strong for me and vitamin B makes me irritable, even in small doses. So, I'm going to get the lower dose of 100 mg withough the inositol, and even cut that in half to 50 mg. trust me, don't start out with the strongest dose, lol. People kept asking me if I was OK all day, because I was so extremely mellow. But I was less frightened around strangers, which is great and what I was looking for anyway.

Pretty good

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 18, 2016

Relaxed to a degree but not such a good result as some other reviewers. Tried Valerian and that helped better. In the end I resolved my issue by addressing over-stressed adrenals and took the herb Schizandra - miracle stuff. Schizandra is deeply calming in a way that other herbs don't seem to do - it's kind of subtle but very powerful. I am now cured of ongoing anxiety due to extreme fatigue. Be aware that anxiety (and depression) can be caused by struggling Adrenal Glands due to stress - with over production of cortisol, the stress hormone. Schizandra quells cortisol production and restores your proper adrenal function, thus addressing the stress and anxiety. (Feel free to visit my page for more reviews by clicking on my username.)

Use in dogs

Posted by Reviewer1156736 on Mar 07, 2012

I got this product at the suggestion of a kennel owner because my dog has developed phobias, such as afraid of slick or shiny floors, steps, and even his water dish. After about 3 months of use, I have found that it helps with his fears somewhat, at least enough that I will keep using it.

Doesn't help, waste of money

Posted by Reviewer1648115 on Jun 08, 2011

I have schizophrenia, so I thought L-theanine would help with my learning and concentration. All it did was make me tired. I took L-theanine and went to class. I almost fell asleep in class.