Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength, 200 mg, 60 Veggie Capsules

helps me to relax and focus

Posted by Reviewer1564626 on Dec 27, 2009

This was recommended to me by my personal trainer who has over 14 years experience working with all types of people. She and her husband both take this and love it. I have difficulty sleeping and have been taking Xanax to help me sleep for several years. Even at a small dose, I want to get off of it. She recommended this to help relax. It has helped. I have been able to cut my xanax dose in half and plan to completely stop it over time. I take two of these about 30 minutes before bed and do find that it helps. I have taken one during the day when I need to multitask and stay focused and it helps tremendously. Definitely worth a try. No grogginess in the morning or hangover feeling. I have recommended to my friends and family also to help with stress and mental focus.

It Works

Posted by Reviewer1204206 on Jan 01, 2010

I have a lot of stress in my life and have found that this product has helped reduce/eliminate my anxiety. I take 1-2 capsules depending on the level of my anxiety and feel relief within 15 minutes or so. I have tried regular L-Theanine but find it does nothing to help me like Suntheanine. I will say that I use this product sometimes with other products such as Stress Relief, Valerian Easy Sleep, Holy Basil, Lobelia, Melissa, Calm Thoughts, and GABA w/Vit B6, Inositol, and Niacin. I highly recommend Now L-Theanine. It's a good product at a good price.

An amazing amino acid!

Posted by Reviewer2256766 on Jan 11, 2010

This supplement gives you a remarkable sense of relaxation, including a very calm and clear mind. There is absolutely no drowsiness involved, but I am sleeping better due to the calming effect. I take one capsule in the morning and another in the evening and am so pleased with these results. I am also a huge fan of the Now Foods brand of supplements.

green tea in a bottle

Posted by Reviewer2813819 on Jul 23, 2011

great to have on hand to help relax

quite effective

Posted by happyherbs on Apr 21, 2008

I take it as a milder alternative to Valium. It works well if you take two a day, but I have found it upsets the gastrointestinal tract a bit, however this seems to be true of most amino acids.