Relaxing

Posted by Reviewer2663858 on Jan 07, 2008

Best buy around

L-theanine

Posted by Reviewer1285928 on Nov 02, 2007

very good product, high quality, does just what I expected it to do. It really helps with stress and anxiety.

Wow.

Posted by Reviewer2487287 on Nov 18, 2007

One capsule of this each day keeps me feeling happily myself after years of depression treated by anti-depressants that gradually made me more and more depressed. I can now count on a positive, level emotional baseline and this has been true for all of the three years I have depended on this product. Thank you

great product

Posted by Reviewer2773279 on Mar 02, 2008

Helps with stress

stress management

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on Jan 18, 2008

I have a 4 year old Boxer that has walked around the house whining since I picked her up at 6 weeks old. She plays, and appears normal but she has this undercurrent of stress. I feed natural foods, and have had her vet check her out, she is a glowing healthy dog but she can only stand a small amount of petting before it gets too much for her and she'll move away. I saw where a mother used this for her child with ADHD and it calmed him. It worked for my Mattie! She will come and sit next to you like the other dogs now and has actually fallen asleep in my lap a few times. We haven't heard her whine hardly at all in the last week. I knew there was an imbalance in her but didn't know what else to do. This is a life saver for this poor dog. She can finally live a more comfortable life.

Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength

Posted by Reviewer2010799 on May 23, 2011

Have been using this product since mid February and it is supposed to calm a person down of which I feel it has definitely helped me calm down and I believe it is helping me sleep better. My pharmacist put me on two capsules at dinnertime and 1 an hour before bed. She also has me on the Metagenics serenagen, four per day of which I believe that this is helping me with reducing anxiety, hot flushes and all the menopause related stuff. Definitely see your pharmacist before you jump in and start taking stuff that other people write a review on because overall each of our situations are different. I am taking other vitamins and meds for menopause besides what I've rated.

wow - surprised at how effective

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on May 27, 2011

I decided to try this out to help me with my social anxiety. I worked really well, but it is way to strong for me and vitamin B makes me irritable, even in small doses. So, I'm going to get the lower dose of 100 mg withough the inositol, and even cut that in half to 50 mg. trust me, don't start out with the strongest dose, lol. People kept asking me if I was OK all day, because I was so extremely mellow. But I was less frightened around strangers, which is great and what I was looking for anyway.

Use in dogs

Posted by Reviewer1156736 on Mar 07, 2012

I got this product at the suggestion of a kennel owner because my dog has developed phobias, such as afraid of slick or shiny floors, steps, and even his water dish. After about 3 months of use, I have found that it helps with his fears somewhat, at least enough that I will keep using it.

capsule packing low quality, also way short of 60 caps

Posted by Reviewer2752971 on Aug 28, 2010

I got a bad bottle, probably had 30 caps instead of 60, but I didn't notice until now. I used this theanine very rarely, less than 20 times, but now I only have 10 caps left, including one that's only partly full. Too late to complain about it, but again, NOW foods has always had a problem with their capsules. Most of my other NOW supplement capsules are covered in powder from the inside of the capsule. Given that problem, I'm not surprised if some bottles are short the stated quantity. From now, if I order NOW, I'll just have to count each bottle when I receive it. Almost makes it worth paying a premium for Twinlabs or Nature's Way.

L-Theanine

Posted by Reviewer3072126 on Oct 11, 2007

We received the order in good timing, and it was the correct items.