great product

Posted by Reviewer2773279 on Mar 02, 2008

Helps with stress

stress management

Posted by Reviewer2796695 on Jan 18, 2008

I have a 4 year old Boxer that has walked around the house whining since I picked her up at 6 weeks old. She plays, and appears normal but she has this undercurrent of stress. I feed natural foods, and have had her vet check her out, she is a glowing healthy dog but she can only stand a small amount of petting before it gets too much for her and she'll move away. I saw where a mother used this for her child with ADHD and it calmed him. It worked for my Mattie! She will come and sit next to you like the other dogs now and has actually fallen asleep in my lap a few times. We haven't heard her whine hardly at all in the last week. I knew there was an imbalance in her but didn't know what else to do. This is a life saver for this poor dog. She can finally live a more comfortable life.

I use these everyday

Posted by Bonfire on Jan 26, 2009

I use these as a supplement for everyday, but take extra when needed. I am a more patient mom because of theanine.

anxiety

Posted by Reviewer3133379 on Oct 24, 2008

this helps greatly with my anxiety

We love this

Posted by Reviewer2696475 on Dec 13, 2008

Recomended by my holistic doc for my son with ASD, this helps so much. Our experience is that this combined with GABA and taurine has been more helpful than drugs! I would definately recomend this for people stressed by learning disabilities before trying anti-anxiety meds wich can have more serios side effects.

Relaxation in a bottle

Posted by Reviewer2383212 on Dec 21, 2008

I began taking this Theanine supplement after reading a recommendation by another customer on iHerb to combine with DMAE (which I was already taking for my skin) and L-Tyrosine in order to improve mental function. Not only am I less anxious with clearer thinking, I also spontaneously quit smoking. I cannot say that it was totally due to the Theanine, but I do believe it helped.

Now Foods, L-Theanine, Double Strength

Posted by Reviewer2010799 on May 23, 2011

Have been using this product since mid February and it is supposed to calm a person down of which I feel it has definitely helped me calm down and I believe it is helping me sleep better. My pharmacist put me on two capsules at dinnertime and 1 an hour before bed. She also has me on the Metagenics serenagen, four per day of which I believe that this is helping me with reducing anxiety, hot flushes and all the menopause related stuff. Definitely see your pharmacist before you jump in and start taking stuff that other people write a review on because overall each of our situations are different. I am taking other vitamins and meds for menopause besides what I've rated.

wow - surprised at how effective

Posted by Reviewer1928527 on May 27, 2011

I decided to try this out to help me with my social anxiety. I worked really well, but it is way to strong for me and vitamin B makes me irritable, even in small doses. So, I'm going to get the lower dose of 100 mg withough the inositol, and even cut that in half to 50 mg. trust me, don't start out with the strongest dose, lol. People kept asking me if I was OK all day, because I was so extremely mellow. But I was less frightened around strangers, which is great and what I was looking for anyway.

Use in dogs

Posted by Reviewer1156736 on Mar 07, 2012

I got this product at the suggestion of a kennel owner because my dog has developed phobias, such as afraid of slick or shiny floors, steps, and even his water dish. After about 3 months of use, I have found that it helps with his fears somewhat, at least enough that I will keep using it.

Doesn't help, waste of money

Posted by Reviewer1648115 on Jun 08, 2011

I have schizophrenia, so I thought L-theanine would help with my learning and concentration. All it did was make me tired. I took L-theanine and went to class. I almost fell asleep in class.