Sweet Dreams!

Posted by Reviewer2876704 on Feb 05, 2012

These capsules really helped me to relax into a deep sleep. Very vivid dreams and I woke up feeling well rested. The only downside is I find one can easily adapt to amino acids and eventually the effects start to get weaker and one can become dependent on them. I think amino acids are best cycled and I shall be backing off from this product for a while.

helps me to relax and focus

Posted by Reviewer1564626 on Dec 27, 2009

This was recommended to me by my personal trainer who has over 14 years experience working with all types of people. She and her husband both take this and love it. I have difficulty sleeping and have been taking Xanax to help me sleep for several years. Even at a small dose, I want to get off of it. She recommended this to help relax. It has helped. I have been able to cut my xanax dose in half and plan to completely stop it over time. I take two of these about 30 minutes before bed and do find that it helps. I have taken one during the day when I need to multitask and stay focused and it helps tremendously. Definitely worth a try. No grogginess in the morning or hangover feeling. I have recommended to my friends and family also to help with stress and mental focus.

Effective in its own way

Posted by 5738304388615102739 on Jun 18, 2013

The only reason I will give this 5 stars is that it does have a calming effect where it makes you less edgy or anxious. It's not a solution for my anxiety, but it does make me sleep better. As for the brand, Now Foods are always trust worthy. For Canadians concerned for the delivery time, it took 2 weeks (10 business days) to arrive in the GTA where I live (Toronto).

I will order this again

Posted by 5329085769764326586 on Nov 11, 2013

A good quality supplement in a therapeutic dose.

Where do I start?

Posted by InformedMom on Oct 03, 2014

First of all, Theanine is an effective supplement for stress, anxiety, turning off your brains little voice when you're trying to go to sleep. Without making you drowsy during the day, Theanine takes the edge off tension...helps you sort things out mentally, instead of flying off the handle. It has been known to be effective with social anxiety also. I use to struggle with falling asleep due to all the "worries and what ifs" that would thrash around in my head at bedtime...now, I go into sleep-mode without all the thinking that use to keep me awake. I take 1 cap an hour before bedtime and within that hour I feel relaxed...no more mental chatter. When I have PMS take 1 cap in the morning on an empty stomach and it really helps with that hormonal irritability. Very safe to use...I do a ton of research before I take any supplement. I've recommended Theanine to 2 of my close friends for irritability related to menopause and they are singing Theanines praises.