capsule packing low quality, also way short of 60 caps

Posted by Reviewer2752971 on Aug 28, 2010

I got a bad bottle, probably had 30 caps instead of 60, but I didn't notice until now. I used this theanine very rarely, less than 20 times, but now I only have 10 caps left, including one that's only partly full. Too late to complain about it, but again, NOW foods has always had a problem with their capsules. Most of my other NOW supplement capsules are covered in powder from the inside of the capsule. Given that problem, I'm not surprised if some bottles are short the stated quantity. From now, if I order NOW, I'll just have to count each bottle when I receive it. Almost makes it worth paying a premium for Twinlabs or Nature's Way.

L-Theanine

Posted by Reviewer3072126 on Oct 11, 2007

We received the order in good timing, and it was the correct items.

This is how it works.

Posted by 5372651392094412913 on Feb 07, 2016

Please stop using it for sleeping aid! This is not meant to help you sleep, but to enhance focus by minimizing anxiety. Hence, this works the best together with 100mg of Caffeine. They both work synergistically!

Adrenal Exhaustion & ADHD

Posted by Reviewer2314092 on Mar 02, 2011

I've been using L-Theanine for a while. I find it useful in dealing with the symptoms of adrenal depletion. Within a short while of taking it I feel calm, centred and focused. At night it helps me sleep better. My husband takes it for ADHD and is more focused and motivated since taking it. I love and trust Now Foods and this particular product has been a great find as it's 50mg stronger per capsule than my old brand at less than half the cost. Can't beat that!

Relieved mental fog and mental fatigue, but caused GI symptoms for me

Posted by Reviewer2361205 on Nov 27, 2011

I have MCS and brain fog and mental fatigue every day. This is one of the few supplements I've noticed a huge benefit from very quickly, especially the 2nd and 3rd days it gave me a lot of mental energy and clarity, but unfortunately I started getting the apparently uncommon GI side effects from it after a few days and had to stop taking it. Some people said they've built up a tolerance to theanine and it stopped working so maybe cycling it 3 days on and 3 days off could prevent this.

Love it!

Posted by Reviewer2143127 on Aug 03, 2009

Excellent for relaxing and having a great night's sleep

L-Theanine 200mg

Posted by Reviewer2250035 on Oct 09, 2008

This works real well to calm me without making me sleepy. With perimenopause, I have days where I feel anxious or overwhelmed. This really helps. I also like that I don't have to take it everyday for it to work. Just when I need it.

Soothing

Posted by Reviewer2208599 on Aug 02, 2012

Lovely soothing effect

L-Theanine for dogs

Posted by Reviewer2222735 on Sep 14, 2010

I use the 200 mg capsules for my rescue German Shorthair Pointers that come out of the shelter. Most of them are very anxious in kennels and this usually takes the edge off without making them drowsy. Great stuff!

doctor recommended