What a great product!!!!!

Posted by Reviewer3083988 on Jan 31, 2012

I come back for this again and again. No sleep medication continues to work for me without this. I have Bipolar Disorder and so does my daughter. We take it with the approval of our psychiatrist. My Bipolar is under excellent control with medications, and I take no antipsycotics, however my daughter does not respond to any combination of medications legally available in The U.S. today. She has to have ECT (shock treatments). Through different hospitalizations and med changes attempted by several psychiatrists over 11 years no other treatments have helped. Nothing else helps her to sleep without so many side effects besides L-Tryptophan without extremely negative effects on her several other health problems. As anyone with Bipolar should be aware of, losing too much sleep can trigger Manic episodes, so we are very grateful for this aid to our daughter. She has lived with us for the 3 years that she has been totally unable to work and after her savings had run out (she was a nurse). Social Security denied her disabilty twice since she lost her last job 5 years ago. Since then we have been supporting her while awaiting a hearing for her disability. We cannot afford ECT and she is above the age when we can carry her on our medical insurance. Just basic medical expenses per month for her to get by until the hearing are $500-$650. Our son is disabled too, (he does get SSDI) and both my husband and I have a considerable number of medical problems as well. Our younger daughter was kind enough to move back home, giving up her own apartment to help us financially so we didn't lose our home to foreclosure. In spite of all the difficulties my son and eldest daughter have, they make very effort to do what they can around with the upkeep of the household. Unfortuately as time has passed my daughter has become less and less able to function. When she gets better sleep, she is at least able to be somewhat less irritable, which helps us all, otherwise she is nearly unbearable to be around, flying off the handle then crying because she feels so bad that she usually did it without reason, but wasn't able to stop beforehand. Under the right conditions L-Tryptophan can make a significant improvement in a person's quality of life. It is also much safer and less expensive than perscription or OTC drugs which can have side effects. For example most OTC sleep aids are antihistamines and they can trigger restless leg syndrome in some people, and sleepiness is actually just a side effect that can wear off when used long term. We tried melatonin, but got limited benefit and according to the research that my daughter and I have done, the body uses L-Typtophan to produce and use both seritonin and melitonin I will continue to use it unless something changes significantly with my health and it becomes contraindicated.

Foolproof way to sleep!

Posted by Reviewer1896052 on Oct 05, 2010

Thank you for making this project available. After taking, I fall asleep very quickly, and I awaken feeling well rested and clearheaded.

Works

Posted by Reviewer3060049 on Dec 01, 2009

One of the best sleep aids.

reduces stress

Posted by divelanai on Apr 08, 2010

Keeps you on an even keel.

Love this stuff

Posted by Reviewer1966671 on Sep 08, 2010

Really helps to calm the mind & body for sleep.

L Tryptophan

Posted by Reviewer3055813 on Oct 13, 2010

This helps me sleep.

Better sleep

Posted by Reviewer2819865 on Jan 13, 2011

I have slept better in the last week than in 20 years. L-Tryptophan works great, better than sleeping pills for sure. I hope it will help with SAD this winter too.

Seems to help

Posted by Reviewer2754236 on Feb 02, 2011

This helps slumber to come. It is not a sleeping pill but if I wake up during the night and have trouble getting back to sleep one or two of these usually help.

Sleep is good!

Posted by Reviewer2221544 on Nov 03, 2011

It took about 2 weeks to work for me but not that it is, I am waking up less in the night and the sleep that I am getting in between waking is a much better quality. I have struggled with sleep for many years and have tried many different things that have helped only a little but this has been much more effective. I like that it is natural and safe.

Excellent Product