July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, L-Tyrosine, 100% Pure Powder, 4 oz (113 g)

Great for Chronic Fatigue & Low Body Temperature

Posted by Reviewer2653691 on Sep 10, 2006

Factoids: L-Tyrosine deficiencies are among the most common deficits seen in CFS. Tyrosine is used by the thyroid and adrenal glands to manufacture their natural hormones which regulate the body's ability to produce energy. Recommended use is 500 mg daily for depression and low body temperature. My Experience: I'm dealing with crippling fatigue and after being on Tyrosine for 10 days, have determined that three doses of a 1/2 teaspoon each (800 mg.) on an empty stomach has been a tremendous help in elevating my level of energy. It has also helped me to sweat again. No more cold nights. Though I don't have any signs of a Tyrosine deficiency, it has been a tremendous help therefore my diet must be somewhat deficient in Tyrosine. The powdered Tyrosine has no taste. It's a soft, puffy granule. I simply dump it into my mouth and chase with water. It couldn't be easier. Words of Advice: Using more than 1/2 teaspoon per dose is like having too much caffeine (in my experience). Taking it past late afternoon may keep you from falling asleep at your regular time. Enjoy!

Excellent for mental and physical energy!

Posted by Reviewer1204470 on Jan 31, 2010

I weigh about 215 lbs and I need to take about 4 grams of this to feel it for physical activities. It works great if taken on a completely empty stomach. An hour later I really notice a difference in football, basketball and Brazilian Jiu JitSu. But just for mental focus I need about 1 to 1 and half grams. You need to play around the dosage to get it right for you. But you must take it on a empty stomach for this to work.

Essential Amino Acid.

Posted by bodybuilder on Jun 30, 2012

Tyrosine is a Precursor to L-Dopa (L-Dihydroxyphenylalanine) used to create HGH, Adrenalin and Dhea Naturally In your Body (Listed as a Secretagogues (help increase HGH naturally)). most diets contain enough or nearly enough Tyrosine to create all the L-dopa you need but if you are working out all the time or trying to boost your muscle growth you may not be getting enough to make all the L-dopa you need and then you simply don't make the growth hormone to build the muscle, Adrenalin to max your workout or DHEA to do both... As it is an amino acid you might want to check your protein powder or pre-workout stuff doesn't already contain tyrosine... I read somewhere that a normal diet contains about 400mg, the average person needs about 500 to 650mg and it is non toxic up to about 3500mg per day... I take it with choline but beware of possible side effects of some choline variations (common side effect diarrhea).

Great for focus in high doses

Posted by Reviewer1201926 on Jul 04, 2009

Again, NOW have provided a hard to find product of excellent quality at a low cost. Helps improve my mood and focus during difficult training sessions. However, I find the label recommendations regarding dosage to be too conservative. I would advise a dosage of at least 1 gram for athletes/those looking for a mental boost, etc.

Not the right supplement for me

Posted by Reviewer1654444 on Dec 09, 2009

It made me too energetic and jittery like caffeine--and then I felt worse after coming down. I'm giving very small amounts to my senior dog and seems to improve her energy and reduce her Parkinson's like shaking.